New Muscovy/Mallard Hen!

Buxton Ducks

Songster
10 Years
Jan 16, 2012
Buxton, Maine
I just bought this off looking girl and wanted to share her. She was a feed store find, she hatched out from a flock of muscovies but apartently somebody else snuck in! She has a pink bill and blue eyes. She is a good flier too!

I just bought this off looking girl and wanted to share her. She was a feed store find, she hatched out from a flock of muscovies but apartently somebody else snuck in! She has a pink bill and blue eyes. She is a good flier too!
Which one? the solid white one looks like my full blooded Scovys and they have blue eyes.

Yep the solid white one. She has no caruncles though and carries herself like more like a runner than my other scovies. I will get some better pictures.

Yep the solid white one. She has no caruncles though and carries herself like more like a runner than my other scovies. I will get some better pictures.
Did they have any idea how old she is? I can see some red outlining like mine get when they are young but haven't stated getting the caruncles yet. then again she could be a mix.

Can always count on Miss Lydia for some good waterfowl advice! One detail I left out is that Boris (my big male muscovy) didn't do the usually "chase her around for an hour" thing he always does to new muscovy hens. The females all did that hilarious hissing head bob thing. Thanks again Miss Lydia, she is. Beauty of a duck regardless!

Can always count on Miss Lydia for some good waterfowl advice! One detail I left out is that Boris (my big male muscovy) didn't do the usually "chase her around for an hour" thing he always does to new muscovy hens. The females all did that hilarious hissing head bob thing. Thanks again Miss Lydia, she is. Beauty of a duck regardless!
And one reason why Boris didn't chase her YET she may not be of breeding age yet. So other than probably not hearing much out of her yet, listen for her making the trilling sound like your other Scovy girls I haven't ever had a Scovy mix in a duck but I did rescue some Scovy mix drakes once and they quacked just like a duck didn't sound a bit like Scovy's. AND I could be wrong but that face just looks pure Scovy to me. I love those girls faces.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom