New mystry chick, any clues, it was sold as silver laced wyandatte?

Waveron

Songster
11 Years
Mar 26, 2008
Idaho
I got this chick at the feed store and it was sold as a a silver laced wyandotte, but once I got it home, I saw that it has a single comb, but the other chicks look to have a rose comb. Sooo, what is this little one?
This is a back shot

And the front

Last edited:

HorseFeathers

Frazzled
11 Years
Apr 2, 2008
Southern Maine
Quote:Are you positive? Does it have one ridge or is it flattish? hard to tell really with such young chicks.
Even if it is a single comb, hatchery birds often don't stick to the breed conformation.

Waveron

Songster
11 Years
Mar 26, 2008
Idaho
Quote:Are you positive? Does it have one ridge or is it flattish? hard to tell really with such young chicks.
Even if it is a single comb, hatchery birds often don't stick to the breed conformation.

It is from a hatchery, I'm positive that it is a single comb, so maybe it's not up to standard...

HorseFeathers

Frazzled
11 Years
Apr 2, 2008
Southern Maine

It is from a hatchery, I'm positive that it is a single comb, so maybe it's not up to standard...

Yup, happens all the time.
Don't worry about it, she'll still be beautiful.

Top Bottom