New Nashville Member

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by EastNashChick, Aug 27, 2014.

1. EastNashChick

EastNashChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2014
    Madison, TN
    HI! I have been a member since before I had chickens but no posts yet! Just reading everyone else's! I live in East Nashville and am the proud 21 week owner of a lavender splash Ameracauna rooster, a black Ameracauna hen (real Ameracaunas!) 2 Dominique hens, and 1 English Jubilee Orpington hen.

I would LOVE to connect with any Nashville or surrounding area owners of similar breeds! My pullets are not laying as of yet, but one of my Dominique's sang the "egg song" the other morning and her waddles and comb look like she'll lay any day now!

I am hoping to breed my Ameracaunas in the spring and would consider a Jubilee roo at some point for my Jubilee, she is just too beautiful not to breed! I would love in city chicken tips, incubation tips, or chicken genetics tips such as crosses or lavender breeding tips as well!

Thanks!

Melissa

rjohns39 likes this.
  2. CityFarmer202

CityFarmer202 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2014
    Missouri
    Welcome to BYC!!! well, sort of. Stalker. I love Jubilee orps...they are so pretty!! i don't own any, but i would love to have one someday. If your rooster is crowing, and bothering neighbors, i would suggest the no crow rooster collars. My city dosnet tecnically allow any rooster that crows, but the collar worked for me. he wasn't any louder than the hen with that ting on :) Just wanted to share a little in city chicken tip :) You should keep posting!! We love to hear from other members :)

rjohns39 and EastNashChick like this.
  3. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

Feel free to ask lots of questions! We're all here to help. [​IMG]

4. EastNashChick

Mar 26, 2014
    Madison, TN
    Thank you! I saw youtube video about a homemade velcro collar that seemed legit. Is that what you are referring to? Or is there a commercial one? Dali is the best, and not a problem yet, but I'd like something in my back pocket just in case. Thanks for the info!

rjohns39 likes this.
  5. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]We're glad to have you. Unfortunately, I don't know much about rooster collars- hopefully, somebody will come along an help you out!

Good luck with your birds!

rjohns39 likes this.
  6. EastNashChick

Mar 26, 2014
    Madison, TN
    I think I replied to the wrong person! Haha! See my reply and question below ...Thanks for the info!

rjohns39 likes this.
  7. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Glad you joined! Sounds like you have a lovely flock! Yes those eggs should be coming down the pipes soon!

If you want to chat with people in your area you can check out this link
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

As far as tips on city keeping, cleanliness is something you should keep an eye on.
    Have you checked out our learning center yet? Lots of great stuff there!
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/how-to-incubate-hatch-eggs-just-21-days-from-egg-to-chicken

8. CityFarmer202

CityFarmer202 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2014
    Missouri
    there is a commercial one, here is the link to where i got mine:
    http://nocrowroostercollars.com/

There are some reviews that said it didnt work, but it worked great for me :) it even withstood my roo getting eaten by a coon and we found the collar a few days later :) Oh, and FYI, i had best luck putting it on before he knew he could sound loud...they try to test it more if you put it on after he start to crow.

9. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    rjohns39 likes this.
  10. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

So glad you could join our community! Definitely stop by your state thread to chat with your chicken neighbors to see how they do things.

Good luck with all your chicken projects and welcome to our flock!

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by