new.... need quick help

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by babynell<3, Jun 4, 2011.

1. babynell<3

babynell<3 New Egg

Jun 4, 2011
    dade city
    im new here but i have always used the site before bein a member n i love it, but this is my first real concern ive ever had!
    in the last week ive had 11 chicks hatch and 5 more comming soon, one specifically had a hard time hatching. it started about 2 days ago, first he broke a blood vessel in his egg or something and blood was all over his face and eyes. i cleaned him off a little nd mad sure his head was out of it. it was enough to worry me. he has been very weak nd didnt even want to move from his egg period. he remained in the bottom half, for a day and half i believe. he finally got out yesterday night, still week, stays balled up, and when he holds his head up it looks like he has like neck spasms, twitching until he lays it down. not normal wiggles. now we on day 3 of this episode....... im going to try sugar water for energy but after that idk..... n e ideas???

2. Chickencoop1996

Chickencoop1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    southern nh
    [​IMG]

3. gavinandallison

gavinandallison Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2010
    Matthews, NC.
    babynell<3 :

im new here but i have always used the site before bein a member n i love it, but this is my first real concern ive ever had!
    in the last week ive had 11 chicks hatch and 5 more comming soon, one specifically had a hard time hatching. it started about 2 days ago, first he broke a blood vessel in his egg or something and blood was all over his face and eyes. i cleaned him off a little nd mad sure his head was out of it. it was enough to worry me. he has been very weak nd didnt even want to move from his egg period. he remained in the bottom half, for a day and half i believe. he finally got out yesterday night, still week, stays balled up, and when he holds his head up it looks like he has like neck spasms, twitching until he lays it down. not normal wiggles. now we on day 3 of this episode....... im going to try sugar water for energy but after that idk..... n e ideas???

babynell, [​IMG] and so sorry to hear your problem. Try some sugar water and also some plain yogurt, it may help the little one pick-up and improve. Unfortunately in the chicken world there are some that do not survive, and you may have to cull it for it's own best. I had to do it to one of my last hatchlings, not a nice thing to do but it was for the best. We're with you to help where we can.

Post on your profile where you are and locals will be able to help you too....​

4. babynell<3

babynell<3 New Egg

Jun 4, 2011
    dade city
    well little wilber didnt make it, now im back to ten monsters. thnks for the help [​IMG]

5. Dirk Chesterfield

Dirk Chesterfield Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

Sorry for your loss.

6. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    [​IMG]
    And sorry for your loss.

7. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens