New Nesting Box Equals My First Egg

dangerouschicken

Will Barter For Coffee
12 Years
May 6, 2007
Columbia Gorge, OR
Here we are together, me and my egg

firstegg08.jpg

Here is one of Greyfields' big and beautiful eggs vs my little newbie egg, for comparison

greyfieldsvsmine.jpg

DH found our egg in the new nesting box/roost combo! I had just put it in there! It was like they were waiting to lay until the nesting box showed up. The nesting box/roost combo I scored for free just this morning from the coffee shop where I'll be trading my eggs for coffee. The guy just had this wood contraption sitting next to the dumpster, I instantly saw its use, so asked him for it. He just gave it to me. So home it came. The white things are golf balls.

roostsandboxes2.jpg

Our 5-month-old pullets especially love it. Long may they lay!

roostingparty2.jpg

D.gif
D.gif
D.gif

How awesome.

In the new economy, lots of us are going to need to learn to barter and trade. Good job!!!

Oh I am so about the barter and trade. It's fun! I think it used to be a caddy for an outdoor garbage can and recycling bins. The coffee shop owner was going to haul it off, anyway. I think its new recycled use is serving us all, huh?
lol.png

I just peeked in on them. They were all sleeping on their roosts, just as happy as can be. I'm so glad they have a proper place to roost now.
smile.png

Yay free stuff!

That's excellent, I'm so looking forward to our chicks laying their first egg! I love the new roost, isn't it exciting when you make something new for them, we just made ours a new house and they love it!

Yay new houses! It is funny, I was thinking, "Hey, this will work," but I wasn't thinking that they'd truly like it so much. I mean, they LOVE it. A couple of them have been up there since they first jumped up. They are sooooo content. And it makes me happy that they are happy
smile.png

chick-e-chick, when are your pullets due to start laying?

Greyfields has BIG eggs. They come out of these happily nesting birds that have been free-ranging all day. When we looked into the coop, they were either cuddled in the laying box, or coming out to run crazy in the grass. He's got an egg laying party going on over there, not to mention one 12-week-old Red Bro that is GIGANTIC!
ep.gif

Back
Top Bottom