New North Dakota member

CamNorth

In the Brooder
8 Years
Oct 16, 2011
Greetings,

I am very excited to have found this site. I just moved back to the country life. A friend's father gave us three white leghorn hens as a start to our chicken adventures. Boy are they flighty not cuddly chickens. Then a neighbor who was over run with bantam rooters offered us any that we liked. That's how I got Charlie our blue Cochin rooster. Charlie is very friendly and lets me pick him up for pets. So if that wasn't enough to raise during the cold winter, we ordered 25 mixed brown layer hen chicks from McMurry Hatchery. Some how we ended up with total of 30 chicks, a mystery chick and 4 extras. Chicken math is definitely in play at my farm. I am looking forward to getting help identifying all the breeds.

Life with animals is a new adventure every day. I look forward to sharing stories and learning from my new friends here at BYC

Hello there and welcome to BYC from OHIO!

Ahh, you are so lucky starting your new country life! God bless you and enjoy every minute of it!

Sharon

Hello & Welcome From Michigan!! Sounds like you have a good start back at country life. Glad you decided to join us. This is the site to answer all your questions and everyone on here is terrific!

frow.gif
welcome-byc.gif
from WA. glad you joined us
celebrate.gif
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom