1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New obsessive chick mommy!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by sdaikus, Mar 23, 2016.

1. sdaikus

sdaikus Out Of The Brooder

Mar 20, 2016
    Hello everyone! My name is Samantha. I'm 28 and live in Connecticut with my husband John. The office I was working at recently closed (this was a good thing!) so I took the time to go back to school and more importantly GET CHICKENS! We started with 10.. 3 Rhode Island Reds, 3 Aracaunas, 2 Barred Rocks, & 2 Leghorns. Sadly, one of our little Aracaunas didn't make it [​IMG] So we have 9 babes now. I'm so excited to see them grow and to get eggs and I'm going to apologized in adavnce for all my crazy obsessive posts/questions!

1 person likes this.
  2. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Fore!
    [​IMG]

Hi Samantha, it's nice to have you here!

No one here will discourage you from talking chicken, it's what we do all day. If you haven't done so yet, check out the Learning Center for some really helpful articles on raising chicks. And don't forget the Search box...just about any subject you enter will bring back lots of posts on the same subject.

Have fun with your chicks!

3. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Samantha and welcome to BYC. Work is pants - keeping chickens is brilliant!!

I hope you enjoy being a member as much as the rest of us.

Best wishes

CT

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hi Samantha, it's very nice to meet you. Have you visited the Learning Center? It is a great place to start.

6. Jess72180

Jess72180 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2016
    Ulster Park, NY
    Hi Samanthat! I am thrilled to get our chicks in a few days. This will be our first group. We are getting ten chicks from a local breeder. Although we don't know which ones we'll get yet I like all the same kinds that you have, with the exception of the Leghorn, it's not a fave of mine. They will be ten days old when we get them so we will be setting up a brooder. I hope all goes well for you. Hopefully we'll be able to support one another.

7. sdaikus

sdaikus Out Of The Brooder

Mar 20, 2016
    @drumstick diva no, I haven't! I'll have to check it out, thanks!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by