New-Old chicken chick from Maine

MainerChick

Chirping
Nov 2, 2015
Androscoggin County, Maine
I've been lurking and reading extensively here of late and figured it was time i signed up. Hello!

Later this week I'll have thirty two sweet, peeping, day old chicks arriving from ideal hatchery. I'm getting a mix of silkies, buff orpington, and Easter eggers to start a new home flock after several years of suburban living where I couldn't keep livestock.

Ten years ago I hobby farmed chickens, turkey, ducks, and even lamb. But I'm rusty now, and the friends who helped back then have all moved away. So I figured connecting with other critter crazed folks like myself is a healthy alternative to driving my husband and coworkers completely mad.

I'm looking forward to getting to know the byc community. See u all around!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. A lot of us were lurkers before joining and all of us here at BYC have OCD (Obsessive Chicken Disorder). :eek:) If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Glad you joined us at Backyard chickens
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom