New, old member

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by NoelleK, Feb 1, 2017.

1. NoelleK

NoelleK Out Of The Brooder

Jan 21, 2013
    Hi all!!!

I joined four years ago, but I'm a professional lurker, so didn't post much ;-) Now that my feet are thoroughly soaked and i'm going into my fifth year of chicken keeping, I figure it's a good time to become more active.

While owning and enjoying my girls is quite fulfilling, I am getting to the point where I want to branch into more or the mechanical and planned aspect of chicken keeping. Genetic and long term goals, rather than farm supply chicks on a whim.

I own BCMs, CCL and Light Brahmas now, ~11 total. But I recently hatched out my first three batches of purchased eggs, and have some Blue Marans now in a grow pen.

Most frustrating though, I can't have roos. None. So while I can't BREED for my own, I can follow others projects and live vicariously through you all!!!!!

Looking forward to geeking out!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, NoelleK, and [​IMG]! Pleased you took the plunge from lurker to active member! It's great to have you here. Best wishes to you and your breeding aspirations! [​IMG]

3. NoelleK

Jan 21, 2013
    Thanks so much! :)

4. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

It's nice to have you become active here and good luck with your plans!

5. NoelleK

Jan 21, 2013
    Thanks!

6. micah wotring

micah wotring Overrun With Chickens

Apr 6, 2015
    WV boy here!
    Welcome to BYC!!! Great to... still ...have you here! :)

I have a light Brahma too! They're beautiful birds.

~MW

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens. Glad you had a successful hatch. Most times a rooster is more trouble than they are worth. You still can buy fertilized eggs of any breed(s) you want.

8. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Noelle [​IMG] Welcome!

No roosters allowed here and only the room for the occasional hatch so I too live vicariously and dream of may be one day. Congrats on the little ones!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

9. NoelleK

Jan 21, 2013
    Thank you!

10. NoelleK

Jan 21, 2013
    My three Light Brahmas are soooo prolific and fluffy! I appreciate what they are and do, but they are my least friendly of the bunch. But they give me beautiful eggs!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by