New Old-time Kentucky Coop

dirtsaver

Songster
9 Years
Mar 20, 2010
Northern Kentucky
Hopefully I've got this picture thing figured out! Here are some pics of our coop. It's built from some salvaged framing lumber,some new lumber,the roof is from an old garage(had the roofing metal stored 15 years or so) and the siding is from an old tobacco barn.

51710_im000010.jpg

51710_im000007.jpg

51710_im000008.jpg

51710_im000016.jpg

51710_im000017.jpg

51710_im000014.jpg

The door was a "curbside freebie" and the window (not yet installed) is really the tinted plexiglass door from a cellphone control center computer cabinet.

We have had the coop finished and the girls in it for around two months now and it's working out pretty good. It's 4' by 10' and 7' tall in front. I've since added a 4'porch awning and the run(old dog kennel panels we had lying around.

If the pics work I'll try to get some of the finished setup this weekend.

Larry

Quote:
Yes,I did use pallets laid out and secure to two logs for the base/floor, then covered the pallets with planks for subfloor. The final floor surface is the white faced panel sheets from Lowes.

Larry

Looks great! I like the barn siding a lot, and the door gives it a nice country look, too.

(I added IMG tags to the links to your pics so that they would show up in this thread... Click "Edit" on your original post to take a peek at how I did it. Without the IMG tags, your pics will just be links.
smile.png
).

Back
Top Bottom