New Order from Ideal

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by BR75, Dec 19, 2010.

1. BR75

BR75 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 12, 2010
    I recently ordered 13 barred rocks from Ideal Poulty. They are planned to ship on 12/27 and I told them I did not want the addtional roo's for warmth. Is this a bad idea? I do not need the additional birds and do not really know anyone to give them to. I am wondering if I should ask them to include them and take them to a local feed store or something.

2. turkeymom

turkeymom Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2010
    SE Tennessee
    Last Feb. I ordered 12 chicks from Ideal with no extra roos and they were all just fine. I did add the insurance (it was like $2-$3) and some extra straw. I think it's really depends on how well the postal service is running while they're in the mail, but you should be fine. Just cross your fingers.[​IMG]

3. vebyrd36

vebyrd36 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2010
    New Ringgold Pa
    Hello I got cornish crosses last Febuary. They are doing great. The hens are laying and the roo is very freindly. The only thing is have to what how much you feed them. I'll post pics in am.

4. eKo_birdies

eKo_birdies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    Northern Colorado
    Quote:are you going to hatch chicks from the CX x CX cross?

5. vebyrd36

vebyrd36 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2010
    New Ringgold Pa

Yes, but the will not be true. It will be okay with me if they aren't . Do you have some as well?

6. eKo_birdies

eKo_birdies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    Northern Colorado

Yes, but the will not be true. It will be okay with me if they aren't . Do you have some as well?

yea.. i know about them not breeding true, being a hybrid and all

i don't have any.. i currently have some red broilers (freedom rangers) and am working on hatching some eggs from them. i live up at 8000 feet and am wondering if the 2nd generation CXs may offer some options that fare better in my environment.

have you hatched any CX on CX eggs?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by