1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New Oregon Hatchery "Pete's Hatchery" formerly "Farwest Hatchery"

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by aggiemae, Mar 9, 2017.

1. aggiemae

aggiemae Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2012
    Salem Oregon
    I picked up my chicks yesterday afternoon. They do mail order but it was a quick drive. The place was clean and the week old chicks left over from last weeks shipment or late hatchers seem healthy and well cared and are being sold on CL. My only issue was that the chicks were on wire so the poop would drop thru and I suggested that they add some perches or straw mats.

See: http://www.peteshatchery.com/ for the list of which breeds they have each week.

Posting this for Oregon locals who don't like to have their chicks shipped. Bring a box they only have shipping boxes and charge for them.

2. SunHwaKwon

SunHwaKwon Overrun With Chickens

Jul 19, 2015
    Eastern Shore, MD
    Good info! I'm not anywhere near there, but its always good to review on the "lesser known" hatcheries to alleviate fears (or warn people, depending on the case).

1 person likes this.
  3. aggiemae

aggiemae Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2012
    Salem Oregon
    The chicks I got from Petes Hatchery-Two Americanas, two Marans and an olive egger - are all hens and all doing well. Five of the eleven "sexed" chicks I got from Wilco are Roos...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by