New Orp(what color?), Ameraucana, Barred Rock Babies! (PICS)

yippiechickie.gif
Too cute!!

Looks like a definite Blue. The blues and blacks usually have the white on the breast. Very cute. Julie in Al

Last edited:
Julie, you're right. As it fluffs out and dries, it is definitely a blue, a light one like the last 4 week old one I have. I think the two Ameraucanas are black, but one is lighter, but only slightly, so I thought it was blue at first. NEVER call them till they're dry, LOL! The Barred Rock appears to have pullet coloring, at least.
ya.gif

ep.gif

did i hear cynthia say she (HOPEFULLY) hatched a pullet???

big_smile.png
sorry, couldn't resist - i've seen other threads where you've said that you have a knack for selling your pullet eggs!

congrats on those cuties!
love.gif

At least with the Barred Rocks, I don't have to wait a month to know what I have, usually-one reason I love the breed.

Well, I'm going into Day 20 with two Ameraucanas, then Nov 21 a couple more of those, then the 24th, six Ameraucanas and two Blue Orps then on Dec 2 a Barred Rock and two more Blue Orps. Then, if I have the pullets I need, I'm done for the year.

ya.gif
You have got some beautiful babies! One day I am going to get up the nerve to hatch and when I do I want to get my egg babies from you!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom