New outdoor run planned....so happy:)

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by savingpurple, Jul 17, 2011.

1. savingpurple

savingpurple Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2011
    NW Ohio
    We have decided that the ladies needed a bigger outdoor run. I have many predators, day and night, so after reading so much on here, have bought 90% of what I need, and my husband put in the 2 treated wood post today, to start the outdoor renovation.

Pics to follow the progress as we do it, but we also are adding a window, and 4 vents in the coop.

I am so excited....They will be so happy, with more room, and well I would say grass for a time, but it is just dried up nothing now due to the heat wave.....

Here is what we have now....this was on a small budget....

The far right side is 14'. It's not small, but not big enough.

[​IMG]

If ms.Pissy can't play nice, he also offered to do a small coop and run on the oppisite side to house her and the other WL that has no attitude!!! LOL we shall see??

2. chicken_noob

chicken_noob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2011
    Chehalis WA.
    To big or to small..or someplace inbetween you can't go wrong with the classic red and white barn colors!

3. DMRippy

DMRippy Pallet Queen Premium Member

May 18, 2011
    Nashville
    Quote:I agree with the colors! I asked my hubby if we could paint the old tractor barn that is now my coops to look like an old barn...can't wait to see what that will look like! Good luck with your expansion more is always better!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by