New Owner

The5Girls

Hatching
7 Years
Sep 8, 2012
Hello! I am the proud new owner of 5 chickens. We have 5 different breeds & they each have their own personalities & quirks. We love them!
We brought them home in early May, & put them in their coop in mid-June. We just started getting eggs - 5 so far. I think the girls are a bit late, but better late than never. We've had so much fun feeding them & watching them. My two year-old granddaughter loves them.
My dad raised chickesn, but not while I lived with him. So I remember the wonderful taste of fresh eggs but didn't know anything about the day-to-day requirements of caring for them. I've gotten a lot of great advice from the folks at the shop where we buy our feed & other supplies, as well as BYC. Great site!

Any other new owners out there?

frow.gif
Hello
welcome-byc.gif

Hello and welcome to BYC from Kentucky. We just started our flock this past April and have enjoyed every second of it. We started out with 8 chicks. Presently we have a flock of about 40 and growing. We have a silkie who just hatched out 15 baby chicks! It's been a busy year on the farm but wonderful! We also enjoy organic gardening. As other hobbies go we love canning vegetables and fruits. We have also been making homemade soap for the past five years. We do a lot of trading with local Amish families in our community.

Back
Top Bottom