1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New peafowl

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by Arbor, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Arbor

Arbor Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    Canada
    Hi everyone,
    Just to let everyone know, I noticed on Legg's website that he has some new photos of many of the colours he has, as well as some new ones he's been working with - Mahogany and Mocha. He also has some more photos of Roughwood Aviary's brown wing peafowl, and the taupe and violeta males. Clifton from Roughwood Aviaries had mentioned to me that he has had this pattern for several years, but never had the time or interest to develop it -he does have breeder splits available listed on his website.

I'm glad to see that legg's has added photos of many of the chicks. This will be a useful tool for many breeders.

2. MinxFox

MinxFox Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2010
    Pensacola, FL
    Thanks for letting us know. I visit breeder sites every now and then to check for updates but I haven't been to the Legg's site in a while so I will check it out. I love looking at pictures of the new varieties!

Here is a link for other people reading this:
    http://www.leggspeafowl.com/

3. afeatherfan

afeatherfan Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2007
    wv
    I got a few peacocks off leggs . They are good quality birds and they are good people. Just saying!![​IMG]

4. jbourget

jbourget Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    CT
    Thanks, i really enjoyed viewing the new pics, i deff want to order some charcoals!

5. 6littlechickies

6littlechickies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    Burton, OH
    Th e Leggs are great. We visited the farm at the convention for the UPA and were able to see the new varieties listed. Photos don't do justice of the violete and taupe birds. They are gorgeous in person. [​IMG]. So many varieties raised there it blows your mind!! Even for large breeders, checking the Leggs farm out is well worth the time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by