Mass Hilltowns
Here they are!

3 Buff Orpington
3 Delaware
3 Jersey Giant
3 Speckled Sussex
3 Golden Wyandotte

One mystery with a fluff noggin.

Not sure I like the green grow gel stuff. They get it on beaks and then attack each other!
The black ones seem super aggressive. Anything I should worry about?
IMG_20190522_133427156.jpg
IMG_20190522_133747209.jpg
IMG_20190522_133536583.jpg

That’s called a vaulted skull.... common in polish and silkies. Mystery chick looks like it could possibly be a Polish chick. I wouldn’t worry about “Aggression”. I had two that were more feisty and ended up being the nicest. Just handle them often. They will
Establish their own order soon. :)

Another question...
Box says "female" next to each breed name ordered and "straight run" on mystery chick.
Pretty sure I ordered all straight runs and how the heck did they sex those chicks?

Another question...
Box says "female" next to each breed name ordered and "straight run" on mystery chick.
Pretty sure I ordered all straight runs and how the heck did they sex those chicks?

Vent sex, with secondary ability to sex via coloration/markings on some varieties. Sussex and Wyandotte can both be sexed by coloration to a certain degree of accuracy. That being said, I highly doubt they sexed those by coloration since vent sexing would be more accurate and just as fast to do for the experts in the hatchery.

Surprised they sent all females if you ordered straight run, since straight run is almost always cheaper. Not surprised that the extra chick is straight run both since they almost always are straight run when they are free, and silkies are super hard to sex before they get a lot older. Most places wont guarantee sexing on silkies.

Are you wanting males? Is the sexed ladies a bad thing?

Vent sex, with secondary ability to sex via coloration/markings on some varieties. Sussex and Wyandotte can both be sexed by coloration to a certain degree of accuracy. That being said, I highly doubt they sexed those by coloration since vent sexing would be more accurate and just as fast to do for the experts in the hatchery.

Surprised they sent all females if you ordered straight run, since straight run is almost always cheaper. Not surprised that the extra chick is straight run both since they almost always are straight run when they are free, and silkies are super hard to sex before they get a lot older. Most places wont guarantee sexing on silkies.

Are you wanting males? Is the sexed ladies a bad thing?

I was expecting a few to, umh, go to freezer camp :duc

Back
Top Bottom