New pen!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Sfraker, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Sfraker

Sfraker Songster

Feb 17, 2014
    Western NC
    We now have a 30' x 10' pen for our 5 ducks! Plus a 500 gallon stock tank for them to swim in. We got the new pen done so they could enjoy this afternoon. Tomorrow we will move and fill the stock tank for some fun in the water. It is supposed to hit 97 and be humid so I bet they will spend most their day in the water

For now we are leaving the grass. Once they make it mud I will put down some sand or pea gravel

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. It looks like they'll have a great life there. I lost all the grass in my fowl yard (3 chickens+2ducks) so I've fenced parts of it off and the grass has grown back. I've had to put down planks over the mud during winter which the animals use as well. I figure if I keep doing this the grass will recover, at least until I let them back in and fence off another part. In the meantime they get access to the entire back yard. I'm saving $$$ money as no longer have to pay the gardener to cut the grass there anymore!

My experience is that ducks absolutely love water, whether it's a bucket or a lake. They'll spend there time swimming, preening, ducking or filter feeding. Then walk away for a minute and turn around and do it all again.

3. Sfraker

Sfraker Songster

Feb 17, 2014
    Western NC
    Got their pool in place

[​IMG]

4. Mac14

Mac14 Songster

Jul 21, 2012
    Northern California
    Looks wonderful! :)

5. Miss Lydia