New person found your forum

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by wildebeast, Dec 7, 2008.

1. wildebeast

wildebeast New Egg

Dec 7, 2008
    I stumbled onto this forum and with only 2 chickens I hope I qualify as a chicken rancher. I built a chicken tractor for them so I can move and free graze the two spoiled hens.

Was looking for a good feeder and saw what I think is a good one using plastic pipe on another post.

I'm also the one that has the blog for game cameras where I try to study animal behavior. I live in Washington State on the Toutle river.

cliff

I would place a picture of my chicken tractor here, but haven't figured out how.

2. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Welcome to the insane asylum, eeer, our happy home. I've been here a year an half, you will learn bunches, some stuff you can even use!! Just don't let them sneak up behind you!! [​IMG]

3. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

On this site all it takes to be a chicken rancher is to want at least one chicken (or other fowl if the truth be know [​IMG] ) Of course, we are a bunch of enablers and hatchaholics, so beware, you have been warned! In a year (probably less) you will be over run with feathers friends. [​IMG]

4. andehens

andehens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2008
    Scenic Sierra Nevadas
    [​IMG]

Is your blog the one waiting for the owl to land?

5. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    Welcome to BYC. A lot of others have also started out with only two or three chickens but somehow, after being on this site for a short time, they end up buying a farm and hatching over 100 chickens and buying a herd of goats - oh wait....that's me. [​IMG]

6. PortageGirl

PortageGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Happy to meet you!

If the picture is on your computer, click on the Uploads button on the main blue bar above *points up* and browse to where it's on on your computer, then higlight and copy the img thingy below that, and paste it in the message posting boxie thingie thing where you type. (technical talk I know)

7. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    [​IMG]

8. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    welcome... .. and the two little spoiled hens too. [​IMG]

9. NurseELB

NurseELB Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2008
    Lacey, WA
    Welcome from a fellow Washingtonian! I'm also a new starter... 3 girls in an ark. We let them roam the backyard during the day, and I am completely, hopelessly in love. Again, welcome, both to you and your girls!

:edited for spelling and grammar:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  10. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    [​IMG]

You'll have more soon....don't you worry [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by