New Person

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Floridachicken1958, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Floridachicken1958

Floridachicken1958 Lost but not forgotten

Jun 10, 2011
    CENTRAL FLORIDA
    Well I'm new at this incubating but the farm store next door is working with me on the fertilized eggs. But as I have been readin I'm purdy sure I got this to go off to a good hatch with the help of reading the posts in here.Here is what I have going so far.Day of incubation temputure is holding between 97 & 101.3. Humidity is holding at 56%.Eggs Go in tomorrow,Eggs go in Incubator tomorrow 6/11/11. I hope if I'm doing something wrong someone will help.

2. La Mike

La Mike (Always Slightly Off)

Nov 20, 2009
    louisiana
    [​IMG] Try and get your temps to hold @ 99-100 degrees and you will do fine [​IMG]

3. Floridachicken1958

Jun 10, 2011
    CENTRAL FLORIDA
    I'm purdy sure I can try to do that but the thermistat is kinda touchy.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  4. [​IMG]

starting off from the beginning is very rewarding. Incubate away! [​IMG]

Make sure to keep those temps below 101 and preferably below 100.5

5. Floridachicken1958

Jun 10, 2011
    CENTRAL FLORIDA
    And can I leave the temputure between them ranges 95 & 100 for the whole incubation period? And the humidity jumps between 54% & 57% is this ok? OMG, Its hard to try to get the temp just right .[​IMG] [​IMG]. I hope they act like this guy and not the guy you have to eat.

6. benjoycei

benjoycei Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    Wilmington
    [​IMG] from NC

7. Floridachicken1958

Jun 10, 2011
    CENTRAL FLORIDA
    I live on 10 acres so I can have alot of chickens if the bobcat and other wild animals leave em alone.So far the wildlife has been eat fresh chicken more than me.[​IMG]

8. chick-in-florida

chick-in-florida Chillin' With My Peeps

we also have 10 acres in florida and lost some to bobcats. secure your coop NOW!!! we have multiple chain link dog kennels attached to our coops reinforced with chicken wire with heavy wire on top because of the hawks. we hatch eggs too and it is a lot of fun. we have learned a lot in the past 3 years. This week I have 160 quail we hatched!

9. Floridachicken1958

Jun 10, 2011
    CENTRAL FLORIDA
    Cool, Right now my chickens run loose since the bobcat has eaten all of my chickens but 2.So I let them roam free for now on But got 25 chicks in a small cage outside and waiting to go into the larger cage.But I'll have to make it tough enough so a wild pig can't get in.

10. Floridachicken1958

Jun 10, 2011
    CENTRAL FLORIDA
    Still trying to get the temp to just hold at one temp.thermostat wasn't wanting to hold at a certain temp so I done some modifying to the thermostat by drilling some holes in it to make it more accurate.Learned the trick off the internet.Will update the progress later once I get it to where I want it.No sleep but still trying to get it right.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by