new pet

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by miss heny, Jun 18, 2010.

1. miss heny

miss heny Genetic Expert in learning Premium Member

i save some minos but i do not know what they eat XD

2. TwistedSerpent

TwistedSerpent Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Minnows are baby fish, most of which you really dont want to keep in captivity unless you're willing to spend hundreds of dollars on large tanks, not to mention in some places some species arent even legal to keep.

You need to have a good understanding of fish keeping to get them to thrive, if you dont know what to feed them then chances are you dont know about how to care for them, its probably best to give them to someone who will use them as bait.

3. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    I have minos tatlive in my horse trough with my turtles(horses do not drink out of this) and they have lived there for years. I feed them fish food and they also eat turtle food and bugs. they are thriving very well and reproduce extremely well. minows are not baby fish

4. TwistedSerpent

TwistedSerpent Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Minnow is such a broad term, as far as bait goes it is any small fish that is used for fishing, which often especially if you catch your own are young fry of other species. They can also include common petstore feeder and aquarium fish. Re-reading my post I notice I forgot the word sometimes.

Some species are much hardier then others, but even then they were bred to be bait and are not always in the best condition.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by