New Pets! *Reptile Warning!* *DUW too, haha*

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by theOEGBman, Sep 14, 2008.

1. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Sooo,

I attended a Reptile Show today and it was great! There was so much stuff, and it was just amazing. Animals I've never seen before, including Beaded Lizards! But I got the ok to get something, so I grabbed a new snake, of course! My sister got the world's cutest gecko, and my buddy got a snake as well. I have lots of pics of just random animals if anyone would like to see, but for now Im just posting pics of what we picked up!

My new snake! She is a White-Sided Rat Snake. She will be solid white with a grey stripe down her back. I have wanted on for so long, Im so glad to finally have one! She doesnt have a name yet either!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

See how itty bitty she is!

[​IMG]

My buddy's Ball Python...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And my sister's ADORABLE Crested Gecko, Geico!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

Waaa I wanted to go to that reptile show, I'm still mad at you Jordan! [​IMG] [​IMG]

What a gorgeous rat girl! She needs a nice name, she's absolutely stunning! And oh my god that crestie is so cute words cannot describe... I've wanted a crestie for a while now TT.TT

3. theOEGBman

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    LOL, Madison! Im soooorrrryyyy!

Thank You! She definitely needs a nice name, I just havent come up with one yet! [​IMG]

Yeah, the Crestie is pretty much awesome! He's so tiny, but really cool.

4. lleighmay

lleighmay Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Woodlawn, VA
    Beautiful babies! I used to keep reptiles but now content myself with providing good habitat outside for the rescued from the road natives :)

5. Aneesa's Muse

Aneesa's Muse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    Okay... I'm mad at you too!!! [​IMG] I couldn't get away this weekend to make the show, but that's okay ..I plan to hit up Tinley Park NARBC next month! Yey!!!

..but I'm still mad at you cuz I have been looking for a trio of White sided Rats for a very long time!! Were there more? Did you get a card for the vendor? Would you share, please?? She is beautiful, btw ...nice clean sides and looks like her dorsal pattern will be very well contrasted, once she matures some. [​IMG]

Cute Crested and BP, too! I breed Cresteds, so if you want another ...I'm not too far. [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
  6. cristina33

cristina33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    ma
    Ok Jordan I see you broke mom down....Tell us how did you do it ???? Promises, Chores, what gives??????
    LOL Good lookin snake as far as a good lookin snake goes!

Cristina

7. theOEGBman

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Thanks, lleighmay! I've kept herps most of my life, I love em.

LOL, Aminah! I didnt realize you were right here! I thought you were in another state. I replied to your PM, but I'll try to answer a couple here too. I didnt even LOOK at the vendor! I feel so stupid, haha. I cant believe I dont know where I got this snake from. There were only two that I saw, so I grabbed one. They might have had more hidden, as their table was pretty full. I believe they were pretty much right in the middle of the show. Yeah, I love her clean sides. There arent many spots on her sides, and the spots that are there are pretty tiny. Thanks! I totally forgot about that, knowing my sister we might want another one pretty soon, haha. Do you have any idea what color this little guy is?

LOL, I did nothing! I was set on getting nothing because I didnt want to bother my parents. We got to the show and my sister was like, "Oh yeah, mom said you can get something." So I bought her! lol. Thank You!

8. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    OMG Jordayyyyyy.......They're GORGEOUS!!!

Geico is wicked adorable!!!!

9. GaDawg

GaDawg Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    North GA
    okay, I'm curious as to how much a rat snake that small cost and how big will it get. very cute!
    [​IMG]

10. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Wow, those are some beautiful critters you picked up! Everytime I see your animals it kills me! I want a snake sooo bad, but I have to wait until I get my own place. We do have black rat snakes and some ball pythons in the lab here at school, but I have to enjoy them through the glass.

I am also interested in how much a rat snake typically costs. Also, what kind of care do they require and how are they different from corn snakes? I can't wait to see pictures of her as she grows. All your animals always look healthy and happy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by