New photos of ANgora baby bunnies

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by tobin123, Jun 24, 2010.

1. tobin123

tobin123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2009
    fountaintown,indiana
    [​IMG]

Here is the last 3 of one liter that made it this time.It was Mamas first liter so I am very proud of her.They were born June 4th and they are eating pellets and hay,I am amazed at them.They have grown up so fast.I really can't resist them all,there is something different about each.I need to know how do you tell when they are to be weaned off of mama??????And is it to soon to sex them now?

[​IMG]

2. tobin123

Mar 4, 2009
    fountaintown,indiana
    [​IMG]

Here is MAMA SAMANTHA

[​IMG]

Here R the babies when first born........

[​IMG]

Here is the one of her babies.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  3. imtc

imtc Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2008
    adorable. I love angora rabbits and would love to have them again sometime. (hard to find around here). Congrats on a beautiful litter.

4. bock

bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    They are So CUTE! [​IMG]

5. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Omg I Just Vomited From Cuteness Overload........ They Are Soo Freakin Cute>>>>

6. MotherMal13

MotherMal13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2009
    Waterport, NY
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! [​IMG]

7. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Awwwwww, they're so precious. thanks for sharing. [​IMG]

8. IcarusSomnio

IcarusSomnio Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2010
    Vernon County, MO
    I don't sex or wean before 4 weeks old [​IMG] By then their mature enough to be off momma's milk. I've tried sexing earlier and it just never turned out well. I use jeweler's 'goggles' when I sex and I usually do it two, maybe three times. Sometimes those tiny babies can be tricky!

Is that a self blue with pearl there? [​IMG] I have a regular coated self-blue, but no pearl gene to give her that lustrous shine. She's just....flat blue. Nothing else :p Hoping to find another Pearl at the swap this Sunday...I want pretty, light blue shiny babies!

I got an Angora doe currently in with chicks and a hen. She will attack and maul other rabbits. I've tried and tried with her, she's just flat out mean to bunnies (except ONE BUCK, but he's passed on). Chickens, ducks, pigeons, she'll chill with them all day long. Since I have a cage shortage, she's 'banished' to the chicken tractor.

Such a miserable life! Has fresh grass and water every day and gets separated during feeding so she doesn't eat the chicken feed.

Right now, I'm really hoping she's not pregnant. Last time she bled far to much, took five hours to deliver the litter of 8 kits, and didn't lactate enough to support even one kit. The first litter she had was aborted...double pregnancy. I gave her three months off, tried again, ended up loosing the whole litter despite my attempts to foster them. Sellers mentioned no health problems. Arg.
    I was really careful keeping her and the buck separated (he's passed) but there was one time they got out in the yard together. Now she's getting rather plump around the middle. Hoping she's just getting fat, that buck was terrificly lazy. The only reason I'm really keeping her is to prevent her from being bred [​IMG]

9. bock

bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    Quote:[​IMG]

10. tobin123

Mar 4, 2009
    fountaintown,indiana
    thanks all,they are so cute i hate to sell any,but i must sell a few

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by