New Pic Of Mazzie

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Birdiegirl, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Birdiegirl

Birdiegirl Out Of The Brooder

Aug 29, 2011
    [​IMG]

Only had her 3 weeks now, though was frightened the first week as she seemed down, and losing some feathers, including her tail feathers.

Though, after a week of cleaning and giving her some fresh food with her corn/pellets etc (loves chives, parsley, grated carrot, dandelion leaves), and tonic, she's picked up really well....She is so happy and that makes me happy too.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]:cd

Relating to the feathers. I now know as reading "Practical Poultry" magazine she lost them to make room for her Autumn/Winter ones. They are coming back now... Panic over.

At lunch time today, I went up the garden path, she saw me and done a little jump. Ah bless her... Think she's bonding with me.[​IMG]

2. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    She doesn't look too happy, but she's still gorgeous! [​IMG]

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    How sweet!

4. Birdiegirl

Aug 29, 2011
    I know looks sad in this photo :lol:lol,, but defo not now

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  5. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    She looks in poor health...are you noticing any sneezing or open-mouth breathing? Sorry - not trying to be a wet blanket...

6. Birdiegirl

Aug 29, 2011
    [​IMG]

She was a week ago [​IMG][​IMG](when the photo was taken), but not know, she's defo perked up and looks healthier ....wish I could post a video of her .... I call it the Chicken Dance... Loved being on the Sand & Grit:D

7. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Hmmm.....to me, it looks like she's swollen around her eyes. Maybe it's just me.

8. Birdiegirl

Aug 29, 2011
    yes you were correct, she had a sore eye, but all OK now..[​IMG][​IMG].. Lady at local farm house/shop informed me what to do....... must get some more photos of her... I've got a few video's instead. Which can't put on here:([​IMG]

9. Birdiegirl

Aug 29, 2011
    Mazzie was rescued from an Auction... could have been worse. [​IMG]

10. Miyashi

Miyashi Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Gaylord, MI
    She's a lovely girl. You could put the videos on youtube or photo bucket and post the link here?
    I'm sure we'd all like to see her!
    Chickens are never boring!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by