New Pics 11 1/2 weeks Bronzes

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by mochicken, Aug 11, 2011.

1. mochicken

mochicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    I just wanted to add some new pics of the babies, well cant call them babies anymore since they have already outgrown 2 pens and all of the chickens lol.

Here they are, not sure if they are male or female but they are supposed to be a bronze cross of some sort.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. TammyP

TammyP Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2009
    SW Wisconsin
    First pic looks like a male. 2nd pic is that same male with a female behind him and another male behind them. 3rd pic is male female male. 4th is male female and last pic I would say male male.

Do you have 3 total or are these all different ones?

They look turkalisheous... lol.

Congrats, they look happy and healthy.

Blessings,
    Tammy

3. mochicken

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    Yep total of three, thanks for telling me the sex of them [​IMG]

4. TammyP

Oct 2, 2009
    SW Wisconsin
    I know most turkeys look alike but when I was looking at the pics I was like....hmmmm these look like the same 3 turkeys....lol. I guess I should have read your signature....

Enjoy them, they are fun to have.

~Tammy

5. longranger

longranger Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2009
    laguna hills CA
    Yikes!! All look like hens to me. No big snoods and the breast feathers are edged in white or buff. Pretty turkeys

6. mochicken

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    The only one I thought that looks like a male to me really is the one on the right in the first pic, it has a larger wattle or whatever you call that skin under the head lol, it is larger and more red than the other two.

One weird thing, I know feather color and profile really do not mean much at this age but two of them have almost identical feathering, they are "prettier" than the other who is kinda plain and they have grown faster even though they were hatched the same day. They are all about the same size but the two are heavier built and are marked differently than the other. I guess time will tell if I have males or females, dont really care either way as they are just "hobby pets" to keep around for my son, he likes the chickens but he LOVES the turkeys lol. He is going to be 4 in a couple weeks and he is my little assistant lol, helps me feed and water every day and helps round them up to the coop every night, I suppose if I end up with an ol grouchy tom that might take some fun out of it lol

7. TammyP

Oct 2, 2009
    SW Wisconsin
    Well my guess was just that.....a guess LOL

I went out and looked at my BBB this morning and comparing her to yours....well, now I just don't know. haha..... I have more bourbons and can tell those apart very easily but then again, they are a bit older than yours too...

So, whatever you may have, I know you will enjoy them - they are fun.

~Tammy

8. mochicken

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    Yeah I would think a couple more weeks will make it alot easier to tell the gender of the turks, either way I love the things, they are too skittish to be held but too curious to not follow me around watching everything I do lol.

9. crj

crj Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2009
    Rocky Point, NC
    I don't know much about turkey sexing but I have bronze turkeys. The females have white on the tips of there chest feathers and the males don't. Other then them strutting I don't know how else to tell. I have a couple of baby turkeys right now that were given to me. My friend said they were a cross between a bronze and a slate. All I know is they are black but there wings are starting to get a gray color. I have no idea what sex they are either. They still have there baby fuzz....... lol. Have fun with them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by