New Pics - 4-5 weeks old now (PIC HEAVY)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by debakadeb, May 13, 2008.

1. debakadeb

debakadeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Just wanted to show off the girls. Most are sex links (red and black) and one is a cochin. There is one sex link that really acts more like a boy but I don't think s/he looks like a boy so maybe is just a very aggressive pullet. The two red sex links are NOT friendly. I'm hoping when I move them to the coop they will get friendlier.

So..here is Hettie who may end up being a Henry:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ginger:
    [​IMG]

Ginger and Betty:
    [​IMG]

Hettie and Betty:

[​IMG]

The Girls:
    [​IMG]

Tilly (I think). These are my favorite -- very friendly!
    [​IMG]

2. lilcountry

lilcountry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    Benson, NC
    Im still learning but Hettie and Ginger I think are their names look like very good possibles for Roos from what Ive seen, read, and from my own chickens. Is there other ways to tell, besides their combs being much bigger than the others?

3. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    Very pretty, That red and white is an interesting color. Looks like they are growing off very well.

4. debakadeb

Apr 8, 2008
    SW Indiana
    They are both suppose to be red sex links. I'm pretty certain Ginger is a girl because she was very red (they are sexed by color). However, Hettie's seems more "roo-ish." S/he was also suppose to be a pullet but came with a white spot on the head and was lighter in color than Ginger from day one. The comb has more of a reddish tint while Ginger's is yellow. I'm actually okay with it either way. I originally did not want a rooster but after seeing all these baby chicks, I think I might be okay with it [​IMG]

5. debakadeb

Apr 8, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Thanks, BamaChicken. Having chickens is a first for me. I think they are doing pretty good. This board has been an immense help. I think it is my security blanket! My DH just shakes his head at me -- as do most of the people at work. They are still trying to figure out why I would want chickens. I keep telling them they are my de-stressor. I'm just happy they are all healthy and pecking and pooping away [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by