New pics from yesterday ! (pic heavy)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by hcammack, May 13, 2008.

1. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Here are some pictures I took today ! I love showing my stuff of to you guys here on BYC. Yesterday it was really raining but I decided to take pictures anyway.

This proves that the people on BYC are the best Seachick made me a label for my egg cartons! her daughter Envirogirl designed the logo and I think it is the coolest ever ! Thanks Seachick and Envirogirl
    [​IMG]

Here is the brochure Seachick also made she even edited my messy spelling and helped me get my point across ! Thank you so much again !
    [​IMG]

Here are a half dozen of Henry's eggs! got them all yesterday with a jumbo double yolk maran egg !
    [​IMG]

Here is the garden in the rain yesterday. We have lettuce, mesclun, beans, cucumbers, squash, eggplants, tomatoes, peppers, carrots, radishes, beets, and zuchinni.
    [​IMG]

Close up of one of the beds
    [​IMG]

Who says chickens don't like the rain?
    [​IMG]

The amerucana hens are doing better in the flock and one was looking in the nest box today!
    [​IMG]

And I relized no one on here has seen me well her I am taking my own picture and just in out of the rain.
    [​IMG]

Sorry this post is so long thanks for looking,
    Henry

2. tmk

tmk Chillin' With My Peeps

Love your egg carton and pamphlet [​IMG]
    You got some good friends with talent here [​IMG]

I'm impressed with your tidy veggie garden and beautiful hens also.

Enjoyed all of your pics. It was fun. Thanks [​IMG]

3. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    Quote:Why thank you! [​IMG] I hope to be an art teacher when i grow up!

4. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Thanks for looking tmk as I said I love showing off [​IMG]

Envirogirl you will make a great art teacher! and thank you and your mom so much ! If you ever need a favor don't be afraid to ask

Henry

5. RobinEgg

RobinEgg Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2008
    thanks for sharing...great labels, nice hens and great looking garden.

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Looks fantastic, Henry! Like your picture, too, buddy. [​IMG] We talked about putting picket fencing around our raised bed orchard/vinyard, too, with an arbor-type gate with roses growing over it, but that may have to wait for money to fall from trees, LOL.
    We do have a backyard area fenced with that same type fencing for the dog, but when the dog is gone, I'll have to figure out what to do with that area. Hmm, add the hardware cloth like you have there and maybe build a little coop in the backyard? You're giving me ideas here, Henry!
    Anyway, glad your Ameraucana ladies are settling down.

7. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Thanks speckled hen I am glad they are to. You know imitation is the best compliment [​IMG]

8. Jennyhaschicks

Jennyhaschicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2008
    Maine
    Nice pics!

Have you done all that gardening by yourself?

9. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    My mom and my neighbors help out but yes the vegtable gardening is mostly my work this year. Gardening is pretty much my religion.

Henry

10. masschix

masschix Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2008
    Central Massachusetts
    Henry,

I have to admit that I admire you and your parents very much! It is so refreshing to see young kids taking on responsibility and liking it. That's one of the reasons we got chickens and we are hoping that our children enjoy it, as much as it seems that you do. My husband will be impressed with your garden....that's his favorite thing to do. GREAT PHOTOS! You're an awesome kid.

Last edited: May 13, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by