1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

*new pics* Hand-raised silver-laced bantam cochin roo - Boston, MA

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by Gypsylion, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Gypsylion

Gypsylion Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    Boston, MA
    Hi there!

I need to rehome my adorable 5-mo-old silver-laced bantam cochin roo. His name is Roquefort, "Rocky" for short, and he was hatched on October 1st from eggs I ordered from LuckyPickens (if you haven't seen her amazing birds, check them out here, and the review thread here!).

He is absolutely gorgeous, and will make an excellent addition to your bantam cochin breeding program. Since he hatched too late to go outside, was hand-raised by me in my bedroom, so he is VERY tame!

He's a little character: here is a vid of him crowing as a tiny baby - he started at *exactly* 1 month and 1 day old... precocious little man. Thankfully he is very respectful and would, amazingly, wait until I was awake before he started crowing every morning! Here's another vid that shows an excellent example of his personality as a baby - he's SUCH a goofball! :D

Please reply here or by PM if you are interested, and we'll coordinate getting him to you ASAP! (Local pickup or dropoff only, thanks!)

Thanks for reading,
    ~Gypsylion~

Attached are the most recent pictures I have of him, taken on 15 March 2012 (the earlier ones were in Jan and Feb).

King Roquefort
    [​IMG]

Food? (Also a good one to see his awesome foot feathering!)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

For an idea of his size at 5.5 months: the large ones behind and in front of him are my 2 yr old easter eggers, the little ones next to him are his siblings, and my two full-grown silkies are on the left side of the pic.
    [​IMG]

My little baby. (He fell asleep about 30 secs after I took this picture!)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  2. Mr. Ree

Mr. Ree Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    South Central, KY
    If I were closer id love to have him.

~Casey

3. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    I have a hen and no roo. Not that I want a roo as I use my girl in with my Frizzles.
    Just wanted to say he looks precious!

4. Gypsylion

Apr 30, 2009
    Boston, MA
    Haha! Thanks! :D

5. fancychickenlover

fancychickenlover Out Of The Brooder

Dec 11, 2011
    Coventry, Rhode Island
    Omgosh... he is so adorable [​IMG] I don't know if my mom would be willing to drive me all the way to Boston from Coventry Rhode Island! [​IMG] I will consult with her! I've been looking for a silver laced rooster for my three silver laced hens and he would look so cute with them [​IMG] Shirley, lavern, and

Lacie are there names I have pictures of them on my profile if you want to see them! He sounds fabulous I just wish you where a little closer but maybe we

can work something out! [​IMG]

6. Gypsylion

Apr 30, 2009
    Boston, MA
    Hi there! Thanks! I just had someone else contact me about him as well, but if that doesn't work out I will certainly let you know. :)

7. Warrprincess688

Warrprincess688 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Danvers MA
    Hes a beautiful boy! I had 2 silver laced roos from lucky pickens as well that I gave to a customer as chicks. Looked JUST like him! If you can't find a home, i'm in Danvers, MA

8. Gypsylion

Apr 30, 2009
    Boston, MA
    Awww... cute! I've had a few inquiries today, so I will definitely let you know if those don't work out - thanks, neighbor! :)

9. TinyBirds

TinyBirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2009
    Texas
    Oh gosh - how cute! I have a nice hen from her eggs, but the rooster I got doesn't have the lacing. I wish we could get Rocky - how cute/sweet he is!

10. TinyBirds

TinyBirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2009
    Texas
    Did you find a home for him? Just curious for an update!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by