NEW PICS!!! I tried your stack Redyre....Basset Pups 7w3d Pic Heavy

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by ma2babygurl13, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Boomer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Indy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Star

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Freeda

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Libby

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Missy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ma2babygurl13

ma2babygurl13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Fairborn OH
    OK here are "the best" stacked shots I could get... pups were sort of wiggling a lot Though I have been working on it with them since they were about 4 weeks. And my photographer well lets just say he needs some work lol. Sorry for the round bellies they just ate [​IMG]
    But here goes.... Males first then Girls....

I tried the stacking method that Redyre Rottweilers suggested... it went ok for the first round. I couldnt snap as many pics as I would have like as 1) My camera died and 2) my DSLR camera is dead and I cannot find the charger [​IMG]

It would have helped if a few of them had more of a food drive, Most of them just wanted to sit but added to my other shots from earlier are now the "new" and "improved" shots... hands off [​IMG] I will try to get more later, but for now... here ya go!!!

Boomer: - loved the chicken
    old
    [​IMG]
    new
    [​IMG]

Indy (for Independence): - kept trying to lay down
    old
    [​IMG]
    new
    [​IMG]

now the girls-

Star: - I had trouble getting her to keep her feet placed even though she was very interested in the food.
    old
    [​IMG]
    new
    [​IMG]

Freeda (for freedom) - not very interested in the chicken
    old
    [​IMG]
    new
    [​IMG]

Libby (for Liberty) - she wanted the chicken and my hand lol
    old
    [​IMG]
    new
    [​IMG]

Missy (for Miss America) - She was Very uncooperative all she wanted to do was sit and wasn't wanting the chicken..
    old
    [​IMG]
    new
    [​IMG]

The pups were born on the 4th of July... hence all the patriotic themes [​IMG]

Please kindly critique these pups. I do not want the mods to lock it so lets keep it clean and to the point.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  2. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    I don't know anything about showing dogs, but I voted for Missy... I think she is cute. [​IMG]

3. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    They are all gorgeous and very healthy looking!!! Missy stopped me in my tracks I LOVE her:)

4. Redyre Rotties

Redyre Rotties Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2009
    North Carolina, USA
    OK, some stacking hints.

1) position the puppy so that the front feet are right at the edge of the surface so they can't walk forward.

2) use FOOD to control the puppy's head while you position the feet. Front first, and then the rear.

3) make sure the surface you are using is non skid.

4) once you stack the puppies, keep them in position using the food only, hands off. Hands on the puppy skews the appearance.

5) take a LOT LOT LOT of photos, as fast as the camera can snap them so you have a few to choose from

In these photos, the puppies are leaning on your hand. This could be what is causing the roached toplines, and your hand is in the way of seeing the front: the prosternum and shoulder layback, 2 of the most important things in a basset hound. [​IMG]

So see if you can try again soon using these techniques.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    Don't know much about Bassets, but Libby looks the best to me.

6. Alicia G

Alicia G Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2010
    Nova Scotia
    I like star. She looks like she has potential [​IMG] Good luck with your pups!

7. bossynbella

bossynbella Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2007
    Iowa
    First of all those are all adorable puppies. Seeing them stacked (by the way THANK YOU Redyre, I could of used that with our beagles, I wrote it down for next time!) I have to say Star is defiantly a looker! I saw her picture and just went WOW! Of course I am not a basset breeder. Though my husband is sure we should get one, and looking at your puppies, I am starting to cave!

Congrats on the pretty puppies! Star is a looker!

8. OtterCreekRanch

OtterCreekRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2011
    NE Texas
    Star was definitely the stand out for me. Missy is absolutely adorable and I LOVE the name (I had an Australian Shepherd for 14 years named Missie), but if you are looking for a potential show dog, Star caught my (non-expert) eye.

9. Redyre Rotties

Redyre Rotties Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2009
    North Carolina, USA
    I think I like Libby, and then Star.

10. DuckyGurl

DuckyGurl Overrun With Chickens

Even tho I know nothing, I LOVE Star. Then Libby.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by