New Pics My horses finally Here!!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Arklady, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Arklady

Arklady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    Kansas
    You all know we have been waiting for a couple of months to get our horses. Well they are now here and they are gorgeous so here are the promised pictures and we are yes excited!!!

This first image is my horse in the front, my daughters horse behind him.
    [​IMG]

This is my daughters horse.
    [​IMG]

This is the other shot of the pair of them.
    [​IMG]

These images were taking early this morning so I will try to get more as the day wears on so the true colors can be seen.

Arklady

2. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    They look kinda spooky with those white eyes.... Halloween Horses! lol

They look nice, can't wait to see better pictures! [​IMG]

3. JenniferJoIN

JenniferJoIN Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    It's a cute horse, but I gotta admit the eyes are kind of freaking me out! [​IMG]

4. nccatnip

nccatnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2007
    Piedmont area NC
    arklady, I may have missed the thread. Tell us the story about these guys.

5. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Very nice! I love the colors! Do you think they will stay dark like that, or will they lighten as they get older?

6. Chellester

Chellester Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2007
    Nor Cal
    They're beautiful Arky, just beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

7. Arklady

Arklady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    Kansas
    The story is that my daughter and I had met this lady who had horses she raised. We talked to her or my daughter rather, and they were raising them and frequently sold them to people who loved horses but had limited finances. Well I was skeptical and thought they would be grade horses. But they are not. These horses have fabulous pedigrees. My daughter made a rediculous offer on one of their horses. And the lady accepted. I was so excited for my daughter because she really did want a horse so bad.

Two weeks later she had another one that she had been planning to sell to another lady but that lady was convinced it was a minature so she decided not to sell to her because of the issues that would crop up due to the misunderstanding. So she called my daughter and asked her if she would be interested in another one.

Of course she accepted the deal, and we aquired both horses for 75$ each. Last month we went to her place to see the horses and my daughter fell in love with another horse named Doc. And so she is getting Doc also which makes three. So we went from a family wanting horses for years to having three in less than a 3 months. For a price we could afford and they have excellent pedigrees. Except for Doc who is a pure bred mustang with a freeze brand from the government.

Hey Hey Hancock
    The daddy---> http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/hey+hey+hancock

Arklady

8. JenniferJoIN

JenniferJoIN Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    Wow, that is awesome that the lady does that! I definitely want a horse when we get our own place. Your daughter is one lucky girl!

9. nccatnip

nccatnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2007
    Piedmont area NC
    There is some impressive stuff back in that pedigree!!! Good luck to you and keep posting pics!!!!!

10. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    I know you didn't ask, so I'll just say those are some skinny babies. PM or email me if you wanna talk about it.

I'm so happy for you that two of the three have finally arrived! Bon Chance!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by