1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New pics of my Delaware Blue Hen roosters!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Bec, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

This is father and son

[​IMG]

This is Corky, he is Ceasars son, a splash Delaware Blue Hen.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the big man, Ceasar. He , without fail, will pose if he sees the camera!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Handsome indeed!

3. chicksrcool

chicksrcool Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2009
    SoCal
    Well I think Ceasar has every right to love the camera-he is too handsome! [​IMG]

4. Bec

Aww, thanks!!!! Looks as if his son is going to be the same way!

5. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague
    Gorgeous! What a poser Ceasar is! And I love the pattern on Corky, he is going to grow up to be a stunner!

[​IMG]

6. Bec

Quote:Thank you!! He is quite the poser, there aren't many picture I have of him where he isn't posing! Mean as a bugger, but sure is pretty!

7. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Well, those are certainly some nice looking DBH...... but I have two who can trump yours........... maybe. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Okay, maybe after they do a little more growing and crowing! [​IMG]

ETA, I don't think Angus' tail will ever match Ceasars!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  8. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Bec, those are some beautiful splash roos! [​IMG] Caesar (or is it Ceasar?) is also a beautiful boy! I love blue birds [​IMG]

9. Bec

Quote:[​IMG]

Give Angus some time! He will get it, Ceasar's took a while to get there too! Once he fills out, I think he will look a lot like his daddy!! I hope they hold off on the crowing....lol...save your ear drums!

In case anyone wants to know what a juvenile Delaware Blue hen crow sounds like...go get a party horn, twist it up a little then blow away! [​IMG]

Are those splash out of the new group or Ceasar? I can't remember who os who down there! Except Angus, I know who he is..my first out of state Grandson!

Year of the Rooster- Thank you! I spell it either way, depends on the day..LOL!

10. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    If anyone could raise roosters it would be Ranchie. The Delaware blues are some beautiful birds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by