New pics of my poorly UPDATE..... Chickie passed away:-(

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by amydurose, Oct 5, 2010.

1. amydurose

amydurose Out Of The Brooder

Oct 4, 2010
    England
    Just a few pics of my baby, I bought 7 bantam eggs and as the seller only had 6 I have no idea what breed this chick is all I know is he was very sick but is getting better by the day

this is just as she/he was born on Saturday evening
    [​IMG]

this is this morning
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  2. amydurose

Oct 4, 2010
    England
    forgot to say, as there was only 6 avaliable shes sent a random 7th big brown egg. All the rest were little teeny eggs and came out like this

[​IMG]

3. pnuts

pnuts Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    idk its cute though:) what other kinds did you get?

4. pnuts

pnuts Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    also whats up with its butt?

5. PippyChicken

PippyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2009
    AL
    OMG i'm suprised it lived! It looks like some yolk that didn't fully dissolve..(or however u say it..) your lucky! I don't know but sure it a cutie!

6. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    Wow theres some strange things going on with your first 2 babies, i never seen anything like the first and the 2nd has duck feet, where on earth did these egss come from?

7. amydurose

Oct 4, 2010
    England
    She didn't absorb the yolk properly when she was born and was really weak. She also has spraddled legs and curled toes. Was a bit of a lost cause when she hatched but we helped her and she is a real fighter. She still has the open wound but it's healing nicely I'm still worried about infection but we shall see.

The other chicks are little bantams I have no idea what she is

8. AccentOnHakes

AccentOnHakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2009
    Quote:I think those are band-aids, to help her stand. Not duck feet, lol.

9. amydurose

Oct 4, 2010
    England
    Thought I would update you on my poorly chickie. She is doing marvelous. Ive removed her plasters today and her legs are a still wobbly but better than they were. I might replaster her legs later but definatly not her feet. Shes growing her new feathers in nicely and is a real sweetie.

She is eating a drinking and never shuts up. When I knock on the glass she is so nosey and comes to look. Shes still scabby on her tummy and totally bald on her bum but I dont mention it incase shes self conscious [​IMG]

A real big up yours to all the people who told me to cull the day she was born.

Well I hope shes a she, [​IMG]

this was just after I took off the plasters. Shes still wide legged but running everywhere.
    [​IMG]

just at another angle
    [​IMG]

10. GothChick

GothChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2010
    Wisconsin
    I would have done the same thing. I can never kill injured/sick babies if they have a will to live. I even raise and breed rats for my snake but only feed it the mean ones and recently I had a baby born and the mother died because of labor complications so I had to feed the baby rat with a medicine dropper and keep it on a heat pad. It didn't make it but at least I tried.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by