New pics of my poorly UPDATE..... Chickie passed away:-(

amydurose

In the Brooder
9 Years
Oct 4, 2010
England
Just a few pics of my baby, I bought 7 bantam eggs and as the seller only had 6 I have no idea what breed this chick is all I know is he was very sick but is getting better by the day

this is just as she/he was born on Saturday evening
69103_img_03931.jpg

this is this morning
69103_img_0439.jpg

Last edited:

amydurose

In the Brooder
9 Years
Oct 4, 2010
England
forgot to say, as there was only 6 avaliable shes sent a random 7th big brown egg. All the rest were little teeny eggs and came out like this

69103_img_0429.jpg

PippyChicken

Songster
10 Years
Jul 2, 2009
AL
OMG i'm suprised it lived! It looks like some yolk that didn't fully dissolve..(or however u say it..) your lucky! I don't know but sure it a cutie!

zazouse

Crowing
10 Years
Sep 7, 2009
Southeast texas
Wow theres some strange things going on with your first 2 babies, i never seen anything like the first and the 2nd has duck feet, where on earth did these egss come from?

amydurose

In the Brooder
9 Years
Oct 4, 2010
England
She didn't absorb the yolk properly when she was born and was really weak. She also has spraddled legs and curled toes. Was a bit of a lost cause when she hatched but we helped her and she is a real fighter. She still has the open wound but it's healing nicely I'm still worried about infection but we shall see.

The other chicks are little bantams I have no idea what she is

amydurose

In the Brooder
9 Years
Oct 4, 2010
England
Thought I would update you on my poorly chickie. She is doing marvelous. Ive removed her plasters today and her legs are a still wobbly but better than they were. I might replaster her legs later but definatly not her feet. Shes growing her new feathers in nicely and is a real sweetie.

She is eating a drinking and never shuts up. When I knock on the glass she is so nosey and comes to look. Shes still scabby on her tummy and totally bald on her bum but I dont mention it incase shes self conscious
lol.png

A real big up yours to all the people who told me to cull the day she was born.

Well I hope shes a she,
sad.png

this was just after I took off the plasters. Shes still wide legged but running everywhere.
69103_img_0493.jpg

just at another angle
69103_img_0500.jpg

GothChick

Songster
10 Years
Sep 5, 2010
Wisconsin
I would have done the same thing. I can never kill injured/sick babies if they have a will to live. I even raise and breed rats for my snake but only feed it the mean ones and recently I had a baby born and the mother died because of labor complications so I had to feed the baby rat with a medicine dropper and keep it on a heat pad. It didn't make it but at least I tried.

MANNA-PRO

Top Bottom