New pics of our silkies...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Three Cedars Silkies, May 27, 2010.

1. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    I finally took the plunge and bought the camera I have been wanting for a long time... a Canon EOS Rebel digital. I took some pics of our silkies today and here are some of them. I didn't get pics of the boys...I'll get those this weekend.

Lavender pullet (4 1/2 months)
    [​IMG]

Rose...broody now for at least 6 weeks but not sitting on eggs!! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Black and splash girls
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. DragonEggs

DragonEggs Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    Borger, TX
    They are just beautiful! I have a splash and a white, I want a black and a lavender now.

3. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Oh my God they are horrible evil creatures!!! Kill them before they kill you!!

Nice lav. Do you have a lav roo for her? Any eggs? [​IMG]

4. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Yes, there is a cockerel in with her but he was at the other end of the pen and I couldn't get a good pick of him. Will post in the next day or so.

5. DragonEggs

DragonEggs Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    Borger, TX
    When you get some more lavenders and blacks I'm coming down and kidnapping some! Of course I'll leave you a nice tip for raising them for me [​IMG]

Seriously, Gville isn't that far from me. I'd easily make that drive for some of these beauties!

6. Ms.FuzzyButts

Ms.FuzzyButts Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2009
    North Alabama
    Wow, nice photos. Canon EOS huh? Darn, looks like you're going to have to sell me some of those silkies to cover the cost of the camera...

Neat, just noticed our avatars are scarily similar! Some nice lookin' splash girls we have!

Last edited: May 27, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by