New pics of some frigid chickens !

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by hcammack, Dec 7, 2008.

1. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Today its really nasty snowed a bit last night an its blowing away outside. I went out and cleaned the brooder and took some pictures of my freezing chickens.

My dog scarlet decided to tag along
    [​IMG]
    The cold birds hiding under the conoe and kayaks
    [​IMG]
    The faverolle decided she wanted to pose in her picture
    [​IMG]
    The chilly chicks were looking great even in the cold:
    blue copper marans pullet
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Blue Capper Marans Cockeral
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Black Copper Marans cockeral
    [​IMG]
    I also moved the coop to a new spot using the system of rolling it on logs that my dad and I came up with
    [​IMG]
    Thanks for looking,
    Henry

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Looking good, Henry! Like the hoop style run.

3. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:Thanks its great for moving as it only ways around 20lbs !

4. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    I am getting welsummers next weekend I think might also get a few bbs ameraucana to ! I can't wait for the eggs in spring my mom will have to tell me what the colors are like as I will be away [​IMG] I forgot to say these girls gave me three eggs today even though they did not give me one yesterday ! they are laying very sporadially but apearantly its not due to the cold [​IMG]

5. PortageGirl

PortageGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Nice pics! Thanks for sharing! Scarlet looks like she -might- like to say hello, but isn't convinced she won't get a peck. very cute!

6. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Thanks Scarlet knows who is who around here she loves spending time with the flock but keeps a weary distance from some of the bigger hens [​IMG] she is "friends" with them and spends allot of time out their since our other dog passed away this summer.

Henry

7. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Its 25 without windchill already tonight lets hope that everyone makes it though I am going to check on them later tonight before bed. how are the temps with everyone?

8. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    Thank you for the pictures, I love looking at chickens pictures.

Omran.

9. chickenbike

chickenbike Chillin' With My Peeps

Great pictures of your gang! I love your coop....can you post other photos of it (other sides, inside, etc)? Did you build it or purchase it? Thanks!

10. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:I bought it its amish built I will try and find the old post where I posted all those pictures. I really love it its been a wondeful addtion I am convinced I could not have built better for cheeper but thats me I still need to learn allot about building things.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by