new pics of some of my girls! ** BIG PICS**

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by akyramoto, Feb 8, 2008.

1. akyramoto

akyramoto Songster

Apr 10, 2007
    Northern CA
    had some neat evening light on Super bowl sunday & took some pics of some of my girls out in the yard. My RIR Rosie was quite photogenic!

my light Brahma, Bok

[​IMG]

Gold Laced wyandotte, Dottie
    [​IMG]

and the photogenic Rosie
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

this one is my favorite!
    [​IMG]

2. elliemb

elliemb In the Brooder

Sep 22, 2007
    Beautiful pics!! Their feathers look so beautiful in that light!

3. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Songster

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    Awesome pictures.

4. airmom1c05

airmom1c05 Songster

Feb 3, 2008
    Raymond, Mississippi
    They are all very pretty and photogenic. I want to know if you shot these pics that close or if you cropped them. What kind of camera are you using and what were your settings! I have to crop for anything resembling a close up of their faces, otherwise my camera won't focus that close even using a macro setting. Isn't it wonderful when all your birds look so healthy?!

5. akyramoto

akyramoto Songster

Apr 10, 2007
    Northern CA
    I'm using an Olympus SW720. I did not crop these photos, I used the 'steadycam' setting - for those people that move alot when taking pics, and I used it without the flash in super macro mode. so my chickens were quite close to the camera. I was really suprised when they came out so clear with such low light.

I really wish I could've gotten some pics of the Roo's their feathers always seem so much more sheen than the girls. I'm very happy that my birds are healthy.

6. karmical

karmical Songster

Aug 3, 2007
    Honeoye Falls, NY
    GORGEOUS photos!! And what pretty birds! I love taking up-close photos of mine too [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: