1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

New Pics of the Chickies, plus two surprise ducklings!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Maidservant, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Maidservant

Maidservant Songster

Feb 20, 2008
    Norwich, Norfolk, UK
    Someone I work with brought a small box to work today and gave it to me in the parking lot. All they said was "Enjoy!" Lo and behold, there were two ducklings in it!

I also took new pictures of the chicks, who are a week old today.

So, as my coworker said, enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Emily in NC - Who is wondering where she will find a fourth brooder for the 25 Ameracauna chicks that will be coming on April 3rd.....

2. Maidservant

Maidservant Songster

Feb 20, 2008
    Norwich, Norfolk, UK
    Also, I do not know what breed the ducklings are. They are the size of my 1 week old bantam silkie chicks....very small.

Any guesses?

3. rolphsfarm

rolphsfarm Hatching

Mar 19, 2008
    Sherkston, Ont. Canada
    Hi, I'm not sure, but I think they might be rouens. If your not familiar with this kind, they look like a mallard only twice as large, and they can't fly. I've had them in the past. They're pretty cool.

Allyson

4. Maidservant

Maidservant Songster

Feb 20, 2008
    Norwich, Norfolk, UK
    The little striped ducklings head is about as big around as a dime, and it is very very tiny. It is the size of the smallest bantam chick I have. The other one is a bit bigger, and is black with a few yellow "hairs" on its chest. Don't know if that helps any.

I am guessing that the striped one is a Rouen, and the other is a cayuga. Not completely sure though, just going off of pictures in a catalogue, lol.

Thanks,
    Em

5. Maidservant

Maidservant Songster

Feb 20, 2008
    Norwich, Norfolk, UK
  6. donnap1967

donnap1967 Songster

Mar 15, 2008
    Northern NJ
    LOL! Such a funny video. I thought the chick was gonna use the bowl as a potty but he fooled me. [​IMG]

They are all really cute. I especially love the little duck babies. I wish I could hatch some ducklings. Maybe next year.

Good luck with them! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by