New pics of the chicks!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Mehpenn, May 16, 2011.

1. Mehpenn

Mehpenn Out Of The Brooder

Mar 1, 2011
    Gastonia, NC
    Since I lost my job last week and am now a stay-at-home-mom, I've had more time to handle and take pics of the chicks.

Are we still thinking RIR/RIRX/Production Red? And White Leghorn? They're about four weeks old now.
    I must say, Callie, the darker of the "red" chicks is by far more friendly than the other two reds. The other two aren't as receptive to handling and are much more vocal when away from their little flock. The two lighter ones are also a little larger than the darker one.
    The white chicks are all pretty docile and easy to handle. Very quiet and about the same size as the darker red chick.

Callie, the darker red chick.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sallie (Hallie looks just like her)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And Holly (Molly and Polly look just like her.)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 16, 2011
  2. csummer8882

csummer8882 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Rockingham County, NH
    Very cute! Sorry to hear about your job but your fuzzy butts are adorable! [​IMG]

3. dkvart1

dkvart1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    Awwww... very cute. Sorry about the job loss but yay for more time with kids and chicks!

4. Mehpenn

Mar 1, 2011
    Gastonia, NC
    Awww... thanks guys. [​IMG] The job loss was a surprise, but DH's been trying to figure out a way I can stay home anyway. So, I'll be turning my cell off, and cutting my horse herd by 2/3rd's and if we stick to the budget, we should be fine. [​IMG]
    I've got a 23 month old daughter and a 9 year old daughter, and being home to care for them has been something I've wanted to do from day one.

As for the chickies.... aren't they getting big? Can't believe how fast they're growing!! [​IMG]

5. csummer8882

csummer8882 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Rockingham County, NH
    I have been home pretty much since my daughter was born. I did work but she was able to go with me. When my son was born 16 months later, then I really stayed home. He will be starting kindergarten this fall! It's been great but I can't wait to get into the real world again! [​IMG] Good luck!

6. Mehpenn

Mar 1, 2011
    Gastonia, NC
    It's definately been an adjustment for me. Much as I've always wanted to, I never really imagined being a stay at home mom would become a reality. It always seemed like the more we'd make, the more it would take to pay the bills.

I'm fortunate to have this opportunity, and I am trusting God that he'll help us through... he won't let us down if we don't let him down.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by