New pics of the Quad Squad!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Haviris, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Haviris

Haviris Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    Not the greatest day for pic, it kept threatening to rain on us, but here they are at 10 days old!

Looks like, due to a neck injury, this little girl will be staying here w/ me! For now anyway!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Doesn't she have the sweetest face?
    [​IMG]

Looks like this girl is avaliable, thought I had her sold, but I think they're blowing me off.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And the boys will be in the next post!

2. Haviris

Sep 4, 2007
    And the boys! I think they are also avaliable, I am waiting on someone to get back w/ me on one, but I don't think they are going to take him. They'd make great pet wethers! Or great bucks, one is even polled!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've got 9 or 10 days til I'm back on kid watch, so these guy are getting all my attention right now.

3. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    As per usual...GORGEOUS kids you have there! I love the broken buckskin doeling!

So...the first doeling - neck injury? Can she not lift her head all the way? Rough kidding?

4. Haviris

Sep 4, 2007
    We're not completely sure what happened, noticed she was having trouble lifting her head and keeps it tucked in. Had an xray done, my vet said it didn't look right, but he hadn't seen alot of xrays of 8 day old kids, so he sent it off to another vet, and they believe it was caused by some kind of trama (rather then a birth defect).

She was born just seconds before I got out there (she was the first born), and her mom had them while standing, the best thing I can come up with is that she landed just right to cause this. That's the best I can come up with. The other vet seemed suprised that it wasn't causing her any more trouble then it is.

We've got her on anti inflamitories and pain meds, and we're just going to wait and see, we may re xray when she's 7 or 8 weeks old. In the meantime she's not supposed to play to rough, no head butting or anything (could make it worse), she may end up having to be separated from her siblings, and we're hoping it will heal on it's own. I guess they don't make neck braces for baby goats! They think her keeping it tucked will give it the best protection it can get. Once we get it healed and know exactly how it might affect her, I'll deside if she's staying or finding a new home, but I'm figuring at that point I'll be to attached!

The other doe is actually the nicer of the two, if I was "choosing" to keep one it probably would have been her, but I do love the flashiness, and you couldn't ask for much cuter!

5. FlashPointFarm

FlashPointFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2009
    Iowa
    Those are beautiful babies! Are they ND's?

6. Jazlyn

Jazlyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2007
    South Mississippi
    Oh my they are SO CUTE! Poor baby. [​IMG] I am glad that you vet was good enough to ask for help! [​IMG]

7. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    VERY interesting. Maybe mom sat on her as she was coming out or something? Keep us updated, please!

8. Haviris

Sep 4, 2007
    Yes they are Nigerian Dwarfs. My vet has been great, he's not afraid to admit when he needs extra help, and he's good to do his own research and find me an answer.

I don't think the doe could have had a chance to sit on her, although I can't rule that out, I think she popped out seconds before I got out there. She's the smallest kid and shouldn't have been much of a problem coming out (especially considering one of her last kids was nearly 5 lbs). Thinking more about it, I guess if she started out laying down and got up in the middle she may have crushed her abit, I can see that happening, one big reason I always like to be there. I guess I'll never know for sure.

9. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG] where do you live!?? *making plans to steal the baby goats...* [​IMG]

10. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    Redhen im w/ ya let goo lol . If i could have goats i would want those [​IMG] . The coloring is so different . Is there a name for the color ? Besides jaw dropping !!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by