new pics off the bob whites in bator

Discussion in 'Quail' started by jimmythechicken, Sep 18, 2010.

1. jimmythechicken

jimmythechicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2010
    mansfield
    here they are i am guessing about 35-40 have hatched so far about to get all shells out then can get a better count.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    will post more once dry an fuzzy in brooder maybe around 8-9 tonight

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Thats a big bunch of cuties!! [​IMG] Thanks for sharing. [​IMG]

3. Buttercup Chillin

Buttercup Chillin Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2008
    SouthEast TX
    Yup, they are little cuties. [​IMG]

Um, you said earlier that the bator was in daughters BR. The brooder isn't there is it? Not a good idea after a few days when they really start eating. Because of breathing. Hope the brooder is in an extra bathroom or utility room or down in the basement or something.

I normally have their brooder in our extra bathroom, but I once put it in our masterbath and after 10 days I couldn't handle it. And I shut the door on their little stinky butts too. Its just not good for the lungswith that many, what with the dust and the ammonia in the air.

This being your first hatch, I didn't know if you knew and wanted to give you a heads up. [​IMG]

4. jimmythechicken

Jun 8, 2010
    mansfield
    did not know but figured it out when we brooder the chicks out in our garage an everything had dust on it.we have brooded about 30 chickens this year that we bought as day olds but thanks for the heads up we will have 3 5week old black orps 2 5 week old show girls 3 5week old blue orps about 40-50 quail we have 8-10 lavender orps that my friend hatched for me that we are picking up 2morrow,an 8 white orps due on monday or tues good we are in deep.hahaha we will be selling most of the quail an most of the orp roos we give away kids dont want to eat them [​IMG] .thanks for all the tips an help i am very new to all this an it is pretty cool to learn as you go with your kids.

5. BlueBirdChick

BlueBirdChick On Vacation

Aug 13, 2010
    Absarokee, Montana
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Aww cool Jimmy congrats [​IMG] so cool and they are very very cute right on. thats so cool

6. wpalmisano

wpalmisano Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2010
    Connecticut
    Hey, that looks like a good hatch. Where did you get those eggs?

7. jimmythechicken

Jun 8, 2010
    mansfield
    we got them from elm creek quail farm in kansas had a real good hatch for shipped eggs in a little giant

8. Kim_NC

Kim_NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Mt Airy, NC
    Congrats! They look so tiny and adorable .

9. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    CUTE! Congrats [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by