New pics on PG 2 of snowball without the muddy crest...Boy or girl?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Teresaann24, May 9, 2009.

1. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    I asked about snowball once and everyone agreed snowball was a she. Snowball is almost 6 months old. She has a single comb that has grown slight bigger in the past month with color. I think snowball may be a he???

Pictures of Muddy snowball...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  2. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    More of muddy head snowball...lol
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    The muddy head doesn't really help...

But if I had to guess I would say she (if it really is a she) is getting close to laying.

4. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    I know the muddy head really throws you off...but we have had almost 8 days of nonstop rain. Snow ball is disabled she lost all her toes during the ice storm in ky and I have her in a pen with other disabled chickens. I need to know so badly because I'd like to keep snowball but so far I only have girls in that pen and dont wanna add roos for breeding. If snowball is a boy he has to go...because I have my little crossed beak buff from Ideal I keep in that pen.

5. Chickenmaven

Chickenmaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2009
    Michigan
    SNOWBOY!

Our dainty Miss Angel became MR. Angel at around 7 months. Started mating the girls.

6. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    If I HAD to say I would say boy due to the fact that it looks like he has streamers. If it's just the mud and he/she's normally just all fluff than I many change my opinion. [​IMG]

7. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    snowball usally has a big ole poofy head...

Snowball a few weeks ago..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. shay20

shay20 Shay's Flock of Fun

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    did you say a single comb?
    silkies have a walnut comb.

I say Pullet.

Last edited: May 9, 2009
  9. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    If you don't want to have babies from the handicapped pen, then you don't have to hatch the eggs, even if they are fertile. It is soooooo easy to control chicken breeding. That is one thing I love about them!!! [​IMG] Unless you just don't want the the girls to have the added stress of being mated then I would keep him even if he is a boy. [​IMG]

10. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    yes snowball has a single comb..Snowballs daddy was throwing singled comb chicks. He was rehomed before snowball was ever hatched my hen was broody when I rehomed snowballs daddy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by