New pics our our almost 3 weeks olds

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Mommysongbird, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Mommysongbird

Mommysongbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2011
    Small Town, Virginia
    still trying to figure out their sex (of course) and their breed ... any ideas now?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Can someone tell my why our little white/yellow chicks have feathers sticking up on their heads? Is there a specific bird that has this trait??
    [​IMG]

2. mallory2013

mallory2013 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2011
    Eastern CT
    I'm not too sure on the breeds, but they sure are cute! Btw, I have that same fence/pen panel set, I got it for my guinea pigs! Maybe you could try post the pictures in the What Breed Gender Is This? part of the forum. The folks over there are excellent at picking out breeds. Maybe someone will come along on this thread and tell you though. Good luck! [​IMG]

3. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    Spoiling them already, ha!! Too cute. [​IMG]

4. Mommysongbird

Mar 17, 2011
    Small Town, Virginia
    Thanks. I keep forgetting about that area of the forum. I have some other pics in another album, I will post some of those.

Yeah, we got that fence for our rabbit when he was a baby, but he did not like for you to get him out of his cage, so it was never used. I was going to take it back to the store, but my son has used it with this toys for that past couple of years.

5. Mommysongbird

Mar 17, 2011
    Small Town, Virginia
    Quote:Oh Yeah!! [​IMG]

My son or myself can go near the crate and they come running usually because they think it 'playtime' outside the crate. [​IMG] My son has already gotten them to where they will go back in the crate when he says something like 'times up' or 'okay, that's it'! I think they may listen better than the dogs! [​IMG]

6. earnhardtlvr

earnhardtlvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    I'm a newbie, but the ones with the white feathers coming in sorta look like my light brahma's and some of the ones with the brownish coloring look like my easter egger's...maybe?? [​IMG]

7. Mommysongbird

Mar 17, 2011
    Small Town, Virginia
    Quote:I REALLY hope that we have EE's. We had several green tone eggs and some hatched, some didn't so I have no idea. I REALLY hope you are right on that one!!! [​IMG] And if they are pullets, I will be even happier. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by