1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New Pics!! Roo or Pullet? And What Breed is this Chick? Lots of Pics

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jywel417, Apr 29, 2009.

1. jywel417

jywel417 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2009
    Atlanta
    Hello !! My batch of TSC chicks are now 4 weeks old and I know it is a bit too soon to tell sex on some of them but I have 2 who have decided they are most def rooster! I just have a few I have a question about, will post the pics below!

Mille Fleur d'Uccle? And I have no clue on sex, maybe pullet? It's comb is much smaller and yellower than my 2 kids who have decided to go rooster on me

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one I think is a silver sebright, tho it has a single comb and not a rosecomb, but could this just be because it is a hatchery bird? It came out of the bantam bin, if anyone has any other breed suggestions let me know!! And it did not want to stand for pictures tonight lol! No clue on male vs female here either. Last pic is its comb next to the red sexlink pullet I have (they are the same age)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This chick also is the same age as all the others and came out of the straight run bin. I am guessing it is a jersey giant because of its size. I tried to get a pic of it next to a 2-liter bottle for size reference. It's comb and wattles appear much redder in the photo than they do irl. Compared to the 2 I KNOW are roosters it has no color in its comb/wattles. Any suggestions on roo vs pullet are very helpful too !!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this is Kowalski, the little mystery chick that no one has had any real breed guesses on thus far. It also came out of the bantam bin, idk if Kowalski is a roo or a pullet. The first pic is what Kowalski looked like the first day, the ones after that are from tonight. Holds it's tail up CONSTANTLY, until I get the camera for pics that is [​IMG] Has what I think is a rosecomb. . . .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Soooo any suggestions on breeds or pullet vs roo???

2. Rosecomb-Ryan

Rosecomb-Ryan East Indie Crazed

Apr 12, 2008
    Sacramento CA
    the last one in a D'Anver Pullet

3. jywel417

Mar 4, 2009
    Atlanta
    Are they others too young to tell if they are pullets or roos?

4. chick818

chick818 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    I am new to the chicken world, but one of our chicks (about the same age) looks like what you called a Seabright. I have not been able to identify with any pics. It seems to be a very nervous bird, even though my kids are always playing with them. Although it does get very calm and sleepy when my daughter kind of holds him/her on it's back and pets the belly and head. But other then that, the bird always try to keep away from you. I am curious if this is the same breed. I will watch the reply posts to see what other people think.

5. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    the last one in a D'Anver Pullet

and her variety is quail [​IMG]

6. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    The first one may be a d'uccle, but I don't see any indication of the white mottling to indicate mille fleur--shouldn't see much, but should see a little.

7. jywel417

Mar 4, 2009
    Atlanta
    I was wondering if it should have gotten some white spotting by now. Guess time will tell [​IMG] Looks like I did a good job of picking lots of different breeds out of the TSC bins [​IMG] lol

8. jywel417

Mar 4, 2009
    Atlanta

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by