New pictures of baby Buff Orpingtons..getting so big!! Hen vs Roo?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by jenni22776rn, Mar 19, 2011.

1. jenni22776rn

jenni22776rn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2011
    Central Maine
    These are the 2 Buff orpingtons that I chose to keep...The largest one I am hoping is a pullet..and we have named her Lizzy. Such a sweet girl(I hope!) Loves to be held and will jump out just to sit on my shoulder..even started to sleep under my hair...such a love. The other was one of the smallest of the 7 BO. Thinking roo..starting to be more friendly and starting to like ot sit on my shoulder also..my son chose the name Russell..I am hoping I have one pullet and one roo..
    [​IMG]
    Miss Lizzy..waiting for me to stop taking pictures so she can jump on my shouders..
    [​IMG]
    This is Russell..the roo I hope...still getting his feathers..one of the yongest I think
    [​IMG]
    Tired of waiting..she is jumping..get ready mom! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Side view of lizzy..what do you think..pullet?
    [​IMG]
    Miss Lizzy looking out..waiting to be able to jump out and perch!
    [​IMG]
    Russell looking out..trying to decide if he needs to come out...

These are the chicks that were part of the 17 rescued. I chose to keep these 2 out of the 7 larger chicks because Lizzy always came to me every time I opened the pen and Russell..well because he just looked like the smallest..not quite as cute and fluffy as the rest. Does anyone have any ideas if one Lizzy may be a pullet? [​IMG]

2. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    Alot of red in the comb I think you have 2 roosters.

3. jenni22776rn

Mar 6, 2011
    Central Maine
    [​IMG] That was what I was afraid of...out of the 17 baby chicks rescued...I was told they may all be roos...[​IMG]

4. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    Yep, most likely someone hand picked the hens and someone else got the roos.

5. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    What ages are they?

But yes, it sure looks like 2 cockerals to me.

6. jenni22776rn

Mar 6, 2011
    Central Maine
    Quote:I am not sure of the ages...they were rescued out of the trash..I have had them now for 5 weeks and they looked about 1.5 weeks when I got them..if I had to guess I would say 6 weeks..but again not sure..if they are sweet natured right now..will they be ok when they get a little older? Does it mae a diffrence if they are raised together? I have 3 adult hens and am planning on getting 3 more next month..I am hoping that they get along so we can keep them..[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by