New pictures of my horse...

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Arklady, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Arklady

Arklady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    Kansas
    As you know we were supposed to bring the horses to our place but due to my daughter being out of town we have delayed because she wants to be here and plus we have been unable to create a few things for their needed care. One being a shelter. Two being at least 30 bales of hay. Horse feed or grower and wormer I can get... the other is a little more difficult. I also have a couple of other things I need to aquire before they come. So sad as it may be they are better off, for now, where they are.

Ok now for the pictures this first one is my daughters horse, still un-named.

[​IMG]

This one is my horse he is 2 months younger than the first one, with the same daddy.

[​IMG]

Both are growing like weeds and they are working with them some what. By the time they get here they will be easier to catch they said lol...

I am posting images for the first time I hope this works. Some times links are so unsatisfactory.

Arklady

2. Chelly

Chelly Cooped Up

May 11, 2007
    Awww they're so sweet! (Can see its the same daddy!! [​IMG] )

3. Arklady

Arklady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    Kansas
    Actually, mine just got weaned a couple of weeks ago, so he has lost a bit of weight I am sure that he will get the weight back pretty quick.

The picture of my daughters horse the daddy is right there behind his head you can only see his butt lol but you can also see his hind legs... thats the color he is in winter almost black... very cool... legs are nice too heh...

Arklady

4. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I love the color on them! It's not like a typical bay, but the legs are darker than the body. They have nice faces! I can't wait to see more pics when you bring them home and as they grow!

Once I graduate college and settle down, I'd love to start with a young colt. I've had adult horses for years, but there's something about the bond you gain when you get them real young. It's also much cheaper (around here anyways). You can buy a foal, training, and tack for MUCH less than a grown semi trained horse. Sometimes I wished I lived in the south where horses are much cheaper!

5. mamaboyd

mamaboyd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2007
    Kendal.Ontario,Canada
    They are beautiful!!! Wish I had the knowledge to train young ones, there's been a few really good deals around here for weanlings and yearlings, especially appy's and paints, which I would love to have. Maybe next year:fl

6. ratlummountain

ratlummountain Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    barkhamsted, CT
    heh, i get a kick out of their uneveness when they're that young.

so rump high.

good eye on the second one.

7. Rafter 7 Paint Horses

Rafter 7 Paint Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    East Texas
    Your colt sure has grown!!!
    Very nice. I know you will enjoy them. You will have to keep us posted about what happens when you bring them home.

Jean

8. barg

barg Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    I dont know anything about horses but that look nice to me!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by