New Pictures of my Partridge Cochin Roo...

Bec

THE Delaware Blue Hen
12 Years
Feb 21, 2007
Home Of The Delaware Blue Hen
Actually I should say cockeral..he is about 7 months old. Here is my big baby, Boss! His colors get prettier everyday!
I took these pics tonight while they were eating, had to share!! I just love to watch his big ol' fluffy bootie run across the yard!!

chickens027.jpg

chickens029.jpg

He's really nice. I love the partridge color!

I have two of those, just a smaller version (bantam). Here is Meatball. He thinks he's the king of the yard...

13523_meatball.jpg

Hi, I just had to say...He's gorgeous! I have a 4 month old partridge cochin pullet named Teddy Bear ( T Bear, for short).
She's always been a favorite amoungst the brooder bunch because of her fuzzy legs. I had specifically ordered clean legged bantams from McM but didn't ealize I could get fuzzy legs in my standard brown egg layers!
ep.gif

I don't have a current picture of her. She suffered a heat stroke about 5 weeks ago. On day 2 my husband said he didn't think she was going to make it. I kept trying and so did she. She has a little neurological impairment residual, one week to learn to walk without falling over and it took her almost 2 weeks to resume a standing in the flock. It was strange how the others knew something was wrong with her. After several group attacks on her we had to let her stay in with us at night. I don't know why I thought I had to tell you all this...I guess its because she is so couragous and special. When I saw your roo I thought "Wouldn't it be nice if T Bear had a hubby as beautiful as this one."
big_smile.png

Found a pic of T bear at 11 weeks old just 6 days before her "accident"
12167_teddy_bear_11_wks.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone who doesn't love cochins needs their eyes checked I just adore them and they've got such wonderful personalities to boot!
smile.png
Love all the pictures you guys!

Niki

Niki I completely agree!!!

I am so sorry to hear about T-Bear :aww. You can share what ever you feel you need to share..that is what we are all here for!! By the way I do think t-bear was a boy
wink.png
. The hens tend to stay more brown, the boys get some coloring like yours had. I am no expert, but Thats what I think...lol. RIP T-Bear!!!
hugs.gif

kimbpara- I just LOVE the name Meatball!! He is one gorgeous boy!!! I hope Boss gets the coloring on his head like Meatball has!

I am not sure about the tails...maybe it has something to do with good breeding vs bad breeding...my guy is a hatchery baby, so he probably doesn't have the best breeding!

Last edited:
Quote:
I had the banty type, and my rooster even though he had pretty much a ball of a tail, still had some feathers that made it more obvious he was a rooster...so maybe its' only roosters you're noticing with this difference in tail shape? I know my hens had perfect cute lil buns for tails
smile.png

Bec - One of my teenage sons named Meatball. I swear, all the boy thinks about is food. Can you tell? LOL!

Meatball came from Ideal. I was surprised his colors turn out as pretty as they have.

I just love the colors on these birds!!

Back
Top Bottom