New pictures of my rooster, Jasper! :)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ChickLover98, Dec 28, 2010.

1. ChickLover98

ChickLover98 The Chicken Princess

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Hello! I was sitting here thinking about how much Jasper has grown and gained featherage and color. Some of oyu may know about Jasper being a rescue (For more info in that, see my page) and having bad scaly leg mites. Well, he has really gotten much prettier and is now also the daddy of 5 chicks! I marvel at how much his tail feathers have grown! His legs are almost back to normal after treatment with Vaseline. He occasionaly lets you get close enough to pet him and is more sociable. n We were told that he was RIR... as you can see he's not. WIth the help of all of you wonderful people here on BYC, we figured out that he is a beautiful Delaware! He definatly grew with the proper nutrition! He is about 1 year and 9 months old. I had him for 6 months so far. Hard work really pays off! Enjoy the pics and please comment!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
  2. ChickLover98

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Who wants to see a picture from 5 months ago? He looked bad. Then, you can compare it.

[​IMG]

Big difference, huh?

3. mychookschick

mychookschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2009
    Maine
    He is beautiful!! Is he purebred Delaware or a mix of some kind? You did a very good job cleaning him up and healing his leg mites!! He looks a whole lot different! Good job and good luck!

4. manderzpants

manderzpants Out Of The Brooder

Jun 15, 2010
    plymouth
    awwww he's so beautiful!!!! [​IMG]

5. Sandbellie

Sandbellie Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Great job with taking care of him. He looks happier! And hes gorgeous! [​IMG]

6. ChickLover98

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks! He is pure Delaware. I love how great he cleaned up! You can read his story either on this thread or on my page.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
  7. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Handsome boy! [​IMG]

8. ChickLover98

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks! I thought he was horrendus when I first laid eyes on him, but I love him!

9. dkosh

dkosh Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Eastern MA
    What a dapper looking roo. [​IMG]

10. Hillbilly Hen

Hillbilly Hen Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2009
    Newaygo Michigan

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by