New Pictures of some of my goats

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by marie_martin, Mar 28, 2008.

1. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Jasmine with her new baby (we are calling her midnight until her new owner picks a name)

[​IMG]

She was a week old Tues. and is the sweetest animal on the planet. She follows me everywhere, will crawl into my lap and go to sleep or just play and love to nuzzle my face and neck and ears. Here is one of she and I:

[​IMG]

And I have not had a chance to upload the rest, but will add them once I do.

Marie

2. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    OMGosh, she is precious. Is that a Nubian? Very sweet.

Nevermind, I just saw the ears, what breed are they?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2008
  3. marie_martin

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Nigerian Dwarf. Thanks.

Edited to add more pics:

The twins born 3 weeks ago. Skye (the darker one) and Mystic (the lighter one)

[​IMG]

A couple more of the little chocolate doe (you can see how her face is lightening up already.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hard to take good pics because they follow you around wanting food. lol

Marie

Last edited: Mar 28, 2008
  4. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    Wow Marie-I wish you were on my side of the states! They are adorable! I would gladly take a few off of your hands! [​IMG]

5. marie_martin

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Thanks. I am sure there is someone closer to you. Do a search on NDGA, AGS or ADGA websites.

Or just go to one of the goat forums.

Marie

6. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    Pretty mama goat and baby!

What are some of the goat forums?

7. marie_martin

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
  8. GwenFarms

GwenFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Marie, do you milk your Nig. Dwarfs? I am having trouble finding a full size milker here, but have found several of these. I know that these are popular for milking with some folks, or so I read, but I have no first hand experience with them. If you milk them do they really put out enough milk ? I keep reading conflicting things on the amount. I've read everything from a quarter of what a full size goat puts out, to three quarters the same amount.

9. marie_martin

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Well, I don't really milk mine but I have in the past just to alleviate a doe who was too full or to get the extra collostrum to save in case we had a problem with a future kidding. It was fairly easy to milk them. I used a drenching gun with a large syringe cylinder attached to use for the suction because I have trouble with my hands. Much like the e-z milker you find online. But I made it myself. I think the amount of milk they make for their size is great but I don't know how they compare to full size goats because I have never had a full size goat. I also think it depends on the goat and how many times a day you milk and the type of food they get etc. You can talk to other nigerian owners though on goattalk.com and see what info you can get there.

Marie

10. Critter Crazy

Critter Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    awwwwww.....they are too cute!!! I am trying my darndest to get hubby to agree to a couple goats. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by