New Pictures of the chickies

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by marie_martin, Aug 16, 2008.

1. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Frank, Serama chick from of course, Frank: (not sure what color you call that?)

[​IMG]

Spongebob, young blue silkie cockrel

[​IMG]

blue silkie baby:

[​IMG]

dark blue silkie baby:

[​IMG]

black bantam orpington pullet from jmhappycowboy, thanks James, these guys are so rotten as you can see:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and the little blue orpington roo, also from james:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lavender Bantam Cochin pair, thanks sebrightlover:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jake, Bantam Faverolle roo, thanks Jaynie:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Zack, bantam barred rock roo, thanks alyssa:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

london, bantam barred rock pullet, thanks alyssa:

[​IMG]

black bantam cochin roo, thanks sebrightlover:

[​IMG]

Lucky, muscovy duckling, thanks willow:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

buff silkie roo, thanks Jaynie?

[​IMG]

Bitsy, off white? serama pullet, thanks again Frank:

[​IMG]

fiona and hannah, bantam faverolle girls (middle), thanks Jaynie

[​IMG]

Black serama pullet (frank) and lavender bantam cochin pullet, from sebrightlover:

[​IMG]

dark blue silkie roo:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

black frizzled bantam cochin roo from sebrightlover:

[​IMG]

Sorry so many, I did not get everyone but wanted to show you how some of them have grown. Hope you enjoy.

Marie

Last edited: Aug 16, 2008
  2. Heather J

Heather J Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2008
    They're beautiful! I just have a question--the birds you refer to as blue and lavender look gray to me. Is that just because of the picture, or do they actually have blue and lavender tints to them? I'm noticed the same thing with other people's pictures and wondered if it was just a naming convention that I didn't understand yet.

3. ausamerican33

ausamerican33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2008
    Wendell, NC
    They are just beautiful! I hadn't heard a a silkie before I came to this website - they are so pretty!

4. ChickenGirl95

ChickenGirl95 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    New York
    They are so adorable! Love them all! [​IMG]

5. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    What a great looking flock Marie. You have a great assortment and lots to be proud of. You have really grown this past year Congrats.

6. marie_martin

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Thanks everyone. I appreciate all the kind words. They are looking a bit ragged right now due to the rain/mud and molting. But I love them all very muchl.

The lavender cochins are called lavender by some and self blue by some. I am no expert on the subject but they are not grey, they are more of a blueish lavender color in person.

Thanks Jaynie, I have grown so much this year. And much of it is thanks to you and some other BYC members. I hope that I am as helpful to those that get eggs from me as you, and many others here, have been to me. Thanks again everyone. Looking forward to growing some more and getting more toward the standards in all the breeds I currently have.

Marie

7. ae50mag

ae50mag Chillin' With My Peeps

marie glad to see frank the serama is doing well, glad to see you are enjoying the seramas , good luck with you whole flock....

frank
    ae50mag

8. SGM

SGM Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    Hey Marie! Its Ashley with the Nigerian Dwarf goats. Its so cool to see you on this list! Your chickens are gorgeous!

9. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Thanks for sharing, they look like they are doing super! I wish mine were still interested in being picked up...independent creatures!!!! So snuggle them for me!
    [​IMG]

10. marie_martin

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Thanks everyone. Some are a bit more skittish than others but I do fool with them a lot. Thanks so much for the nice comments. They are not show chickens so they get muddy and dirty and don't always ,look their best, but I love them regardless. I have everyone running together for the most part right now. Working on getting some pens up so I can separate them into groops by breed.

Hey Ashley, good to see you too. Hope all is well with you guys. I have not been able to visit the forum since I had to give up all the goats. It just breaks my heart. But as you can see, I am staying busy with the chickens.

Thanks again for all the nice remarks.

Marie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by