New pictures of the frizzled and smooth Cochins!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ChickLover98, Nov 20, 2011.

1. ChickLover98

ChickLover98 The Chicken Princess

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    I got these amazing Large Fowl Cochins in April and they are 8 months old. One of them turned out to be a bantam, though, which baffled (and slightly annoyed) me, because I can't breed her. It seems like they took forever to grow! [​IMG] They aren't laying yet, but I think that they will soon. The only one that I didn't get a picture of is Belle, who was in her biting feet mode last night.

[​IMG]
    Cloudy

[​IMG]
    Rosie (bantam)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Onyx (I think the last picture is AMAZING!)

[​IMG]
    Shadow

And...

A very old picture of Belle, because she refuses to let me take her picture without biting my toe off.
    [​IMG]

2. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

at what age can u tell if they got the frizzle feathers or not. only one of my bantam frizzle eggs hatched and im hoping he got the frizzle feathers, but im starting to think hes just normal feathered

3. dwegg

dwegg Chillin' With My Peeps

I love Cochins and yours are beautiful. I had not seen frizzle LF Cochins before...oh and Rosie is a sweetie...don't be mad at her because she is tiny...get her a tiny man and breed them!

4. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    Quote:You can tell when they are chicks getting their first feathers in. The feathers come in with the curl.

[​IMG]

5. Desirai

Desirai Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2011
    Alabama
    I love cochins! I love your cochins!

6. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

7. kari_dawn

kari_dawn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    yep, I knew the second mine started feathering that it was a frizzle. I was so excited!

[​IMG]

8. Dowie

Dowie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Quote:I love love love Rosie! She looks like my little girl whom I lost this year. Send her to me! [​IMG]

9. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    They are all very lovely chickens!

10. Syd they are gorgeous! I LOVE Cloudy. that's it, gotta have one this spring. [​IMG] [​IMG]

My Princess has gone broody at 7 months... (White Cochin) DARN IT!!!!![​IMG] [​IMG] i can not seem tobreak her. any suggestions?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by