*New Pix Post 15* What Breed Am I???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by IHeartCapnHook, May 10, 2009.

1. IHeartCapnHook

IHeartCapnHook Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    North Dallas
    This one the person I got it from wasn't sure what she is. All I knew is she was beautiful and she was the first hen I had seen with a clipped beak, so I fell in love. She's VERY social. When I cluck, she always clucks back. We have gone for 30 mins back and forth [​IMG] Upon doing a little research I think she is a Welsummer hen???
    Meet Chocolate
    [​IMG]

Next we have Bertha. The man I got her from said she was a Welsummer hen... I don't think so. She's not a BR because I have a BR and she doesn't look, feel or act like them. She weighs a lot more than my sex-links. She must be some kind of meat bird???
    [​IMG]

Following Bertha is Parakeet. Sex is unknown and breed is unknown. Any idea what she may be????
    [​IMG]

Last we have 2 something or anothers. They were the first chicks that started the chicken craze. Their breed is unknown and they were sold to us from TSC as pullets. Any idea on the breed?
    [​IMG]

So... anyone have any guesses on the mystery birds??

Last edited: May 11, 2009
  2. willowcol

willowcol Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    #2 is a cuckoo maran I believe.

3. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    second one is possibly a dominique? I thought it looked like it had a rose comb?
    but dominiques are supposed to have yellow legs.
    if that is a small single comb then it's a cuckoo marans

Last edited: May 10, 2009
  4. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    The first one looks like a welsummer. The second one looks like a dominique, judging by the rose comb. Third, I'm guessing an easter egger. It's got green legs, and probably a pea comb. But looking more closely, I'm wondering if it's a bantam? Is it? Then maybe an Old English Game. Fourth is a red sex-link, since she's red with the random white feathers.

5. The Wolf Queen

The Wolf Queen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    The 3rd one is a OEGB cockerel I beleive [​IMG]

6. sloallie10

sloallie10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    CA
    Bartha is a cukoo (sp?) maran, pink legs

last one is a female red sexlink

[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Bock_Bock

Bock_Bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    i say the second one is a cuckoo maran as it looks to have white legs, then third looks like an ee (i know everyone is going to say why do i say this every1 says this) it is because it looks to have green legs look closely and you can see the legs, and the last one is a red sex link

8. IHeartCapnHook

IHeartCapnHook Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    North Dallas
    Okay.... I'm getting on the muck boots and going to check out everyone's combs and legs now [​IMG] I'll report back shortly

9. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    How old are the birds? Are any laying eggs yet? The only reason I say this is b/c #1 looks like a roo to me and possibly #2 as well.

10. The Chickinn

The Chickinn Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2008
    near SF, CA
    #2=Cuckoo Maran, looks like a male. [​IMG]
    last one=Female Golden Comet. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by